A story of Hope

calm

Reaction score
This is a story to give hope to anyone that feels their time will never come or that has some problems in TTC. I was not sure in that section to put this story, WTT is my usual stomping ground, but I also wanted to put it in TTC and especially LTC. So, pardon me for trepeating myself and please read on.

I was about 26 and teaching for the first time at a primary school in Spain. I then met Alice, a beautiful slim American girl who I later discovered, wanted more than anything to be pregnant. At the time she was about 34. She told me she had been trying for over 4 to 5 years now. She had waited to have a more stable contract at work and other things most women WTT for. However, when the time came she didn't get pregnant. I am not such if with assistance or not, she once did get pregnant and she lost the baby after a few months. She had fertility treatment, but it wouldn't work either. Like many women she was told to be healthy and all in working order, the same as her husband. The only problem she had that some hormone in her body once she was pregnant would try to get rid of the baby, but this could be corrected through certain medication. When the treatment yet again did not work she was in tears in the staff room. I had never been in a place where there were so many wonderful workmates and all of us felt awful for Alice and didn't really now what to do or what to say. She was really in a bad way, totally obsessed, decorating rooms for non existent children, not being able to see babies, feeling mad at everyone that had a baby that was not her...

Well, Alice used to have the most beautiful set of children stamps for rewarding good work. Me, who was a freak for teaching material used to envy and sigh over them. One day, I gave Alice a piece of quartz, I used to use this for meditation, ( I am sorry to say I don't do it much at the moment, should do as it would be really good for me ). I told her it would help her. I don't know if she took it seriously, but I said to her that it had a price, the day she was pregnant I wanted her set of stamps. She agreed. Secretly she had the last shot at assisted conception, she had already had the papers ready for adoption as the plan B in which she was going to focus on from now on. But it worked. I remember when she told me, I told her she HAD to get out of the school as she having a very stressful time, we ran about the school looking for our head giggling like two schoolgirls. The day she came back to clear her shelves she handed me over the stamps. I didn't have any doubt that the pregnancy would be fine as I took in glee my stamps. And it was. The day I went to visit her in her beautiful house and to see her even more beautiful baby boy, I saw with some dismay that she had already decorated several children rooms. I remember closing my eyes and drinking in all the pain and even madness that a woman can go through when wanting so much children. But she had a little boy now, and she was still going to adopt a girl.

A happy ending? Well yes, but it gets better. Once she lost the anxiety of not getting pregnant, after paying a fortune for help to conceive, one day she discovered she was actually pregnant again. Another boy came to the amazement of all. And with the adopted a girl they were three. And for a woman that told me through tears that at 35 she was too old to have children and would never have any, I think she is doing quite well, don't you? :)

Wonderful story and definately gives hope to everyone. It's amazing how our body knows what's best for us because you can see as soon as she could relax everything just took it's own way... Something to think about right? xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->