A tad confused..

danni1979

Reaction score
Heya

I jsut had my app wiv my mw and she said that she cant feel all LO's head but on my maternity notes has put that shes 5/5??

So does that mean shes engaging or not,cos i know 5?5 means shes not,but like i said MW said she cant feel all her head,n she slightly engaged??

D
xx xx

5/5 is slightly engaged. 0/5 is fully engaged.

In my notes it says 5/5 is free, 4/5 is sitting on the pelvic brim, 3/5 is moving in but still feeling above, 2/5 is engaged as hardly palapable from above and 1/5 is fully engagedhope that helps xx

thansk ladies,but thats what i'm confused about,if i'm slightly engaged should'nt i be 4/5Maybe shes not engaged enough to be 4/5?

Argghhhhhhh
D
xx xx

Seems weird that she said she cant feel all her head and then put 5/5, maybe she wasnt sure so just put free cause at this stage it doesn't matter too much anyway! xx

Thanks hunni,have to say it makes sense what u wrote cos she was feeling around for quite a while so like u say maybe she was a bit unsure,n they can still pop back out at this stage i think :)
D
xx xx

I am completley confused by this aswell, my notes say the same as rubyrose but my midwife tells me that I am 1/5 engaged, which means that baby is only just down.

Kunama has she just wrote 1/5? If so then that means that only 1/5 of the head is palpable (i.e hardly any) so in theory the head is 4/5's engaged!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->