A tad puzzled.

Louise

Proud mum to baby Nick
Reaction score
I was reading something on another forum regarding a lady who's waters broke at 27 weeks.
Well, apparently she is on steriods etc, for the baby, and has been told she cant go no further than 34 weeks.
Well something confuses me here, how does a baby live in the womb without it's bag of waters, for 7 weeks?

They will probably moniter he to see how much waters have leaked, she could just be trickling a little bit( my friends did for weeks)

She will be on the steroids so babies lungs can develop then if waters get so low they will either induce or go for section i would have thought

I was reading something on another forum regarding a lady who's waters broke at 27 weeks.
Well, apparently she is on steriods etc, for the baby, and has been told she cant go no further than 34 weeks.
Well something confuses me here, how does a baby live in the womb without it's bag of waters, for 7 weeks?

Yeah the waters could just be leaking, so they'll put her on bedrest to slow down the leakage, and on steroids to mature the baby's lungs. Also the amniotic fluid is constantly being replaced by mum's body, every 3 hours in fact. So that should help keep up the fluid levels, but she'll be closely monitored from now on anyway, probably kept in hospital, and put on antibiotics to stop any infection.

See if a baby is born 34/35/36 weeks does it have to go into Special Care as its classed as a premature buba?

Just a random questionxx

Kx that would depend on the baby themselves, whether they needed assisance with breathing etc, or if there were any complications.

I asked the same question KX, and alot of ladies said that even at 38 weeks +, some babies needed special care. Guess it really does depend on baby!

chloe needed specail care an she was overdue, just depends on baby itself kx :D

Ahh its my pregnancy brain-or lack of it :rofl: thanks chicks!

I just keep saying I want her out now (36 weeks on fri) and Dale said no thats not fair as she isnt ready and would need special care! So I am being insensitive according to him :blush: Men eh!x

Alex was born at 36 weeks but didn't need special care, we stayed at home after he was born. However some 36 weekers have problems with feeding, he's always been ok. He didn't have any lashes etc to begin with and looked like a skinned chicken!! If I was to go through it again I'd rather go for an extra week and he was born at 37 weeks+, just because of the fact that he was considered prem by the midwives etc hence they acted like twits and wouldn't allow a waterbirth (or homebirth, but shame I left it too late to go to hossie!)

I asked the same question KX, and alot of ladies said that even at 38 weeks +, some babies needed special care. Guess it really does depend on baby!

I had my first son at 38wks and he was fine, he needed no special care. My second son was born at 37wks and he was fine. He went to specail care but that was due to other health issues that were picked up in my 24wk scan. he would have went to special care even at 40wks with his condition.
So yes I agree it depends on the baby.

Maddie was bang on 36 and Ellie just over 36 ... Both kids were fine!

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->