A very strange craving.

05mummy07

Reaction score
All I could think about eating earlier was paper.... More the cardboard type, My OH literally had to remove all paperlike objects from sight because the craving was so strong, it's passed now thank god.

Has anyone else craved anything non-edible? I know eating things like this is called Pica, but this isn't (well not yet!) as that continues for a month before being called Pica.

Def going to be mentioning it to the midwife!

I actually knew a girl a few years ago - she was about 5 or 6 months pregnant and she craved coal and burnt matches!!!!

Very weird :D

Sorry I'm no help x x x xx

Good to know I'm not the only one craving strange things! Lol.

It just came out of no where, I've been fine all day, then I just wanted it :haha: I even had the taste of chewed paper in my mouth egging me on!!

Yeah it might be your body's way of telling you you're lacking some vitamins/minerals.
Usually iron.

Definitely bring it up next time you see your midwife.

In both of my previous pregnancies I had to be put on iron tablets due to severe anaemia. So I guess that's very possible. My midwife appt isn't until the 15th Feb, let's hope it doesn't happen again :)

In both of my previous pregnancies I had to be put on iron tablets due to severe anaemia. So I guess that's very possible. My midwife appt isn't until the 15th Feb, let's hope it doesn't happen again :)

Try eating iron rich foods in the mean time, such as spinach, steak etc.
:thumbup:

I have been trying, but with the MS it's so hard to stomach things some days :(

I have been trying, but with the MS it's so hard to stomach things some days :(

Yeah I hear you. I had some pretty bad MS.
I was really really tired and until my ms went away (14 weeks) I started eating meat again and stuff like spinach and it made me feel so much better!

Hope you feel better soon!

Thank you hun! Glad your MS eased :) x Not long to go now for you!!

I've heard of pregnant women craving weird things like dirt, chalk, sand etc. I also heard it was a sign of mineral deficiency. Are you taking a prenatal vitamin? If you really have to give in to the craving just remember to go for the organic unbleached kind ;):haha:

Lol, yeah I'm taking pregnacare and tesco own folic acid. x

Just an afterthought... If you have trouble with iron deficiency, have you looked at how much fruit/vitamin C you get in your diet? It's important for iron absorption, and even if you get enough iron it's no good to your body unless you can absorb it!

I just had a vision of a crazy pregnant lady getting the munchies and chasing down a paper boy lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->