"a watched pot never boils"

ohmybabybump.

mommy to nalani <3
Reaction score
"What ever happened to doing it the old fashioned way? You know, the way your parents conceived you.

There really is no secret formula to conceiving a child. There are certainly some strategic steps that are recommended that you take before you conceive, but they are rarely necessary. The best advice to a couple trying to conceive is to just let it happen. That may sound a bit too simple, but it is true. Remember the saying, &#8220;a watched pot never boils&#8221;? This expression could easily be equated to conceiving a child. If too much focus is placed on how to conceive and all of the mechanics involved in making it happen, the true magic of the moment is lost.

In this day and age, the fun of conception is lost in trying to pinpoint the exact date and time a couple should make love to successfully conceive a child. If conception is turned into a mechanical moment, driven by the dates on a calendar, the true purpose of this time is lost.

A couple should be able to look back on the time they conceived their child as a truly magical moment. And, if it takes you a while to conceive that child, look back on many magical moments spent in the process.

Remember, you&#8217;re trying to have a baby. This should be fun. Enjoy the practice and enjoy each other. There is nothing wrong with that."

thought this was interesting as well....
thoughts? opinions?

Im in two minds about this.

On one hand i agree, i think that its all too easy to get obsessed with temps and OPKs and CM &&&.... but also, for women who have been trying for a very long time i dont think "letting it happen" is really going to cut it.

What i have decided to do this time is to TTC relaxedly for as long as i can. I will keep an eye on my CM and be aware of when i am ovulating, BD lots and lots and then let God do the rest! But then, i have regular cycles. I can imagine if i had very irregular cycles, or PCOS, or something else that was interfering, i wouldnt want to miss a shot.

I think for healthy fertile couples, having fun and letting it happen sounds like an awesome way to go!

Amen to that! lol...I am in the NTNP clan (I suppose)....We just :sex: more often and have fun with it. Sometimes it's a hard thing for us women not to obsess over something we want soooo badly. But I try my damnedist (sp) to not think about it!! GL to everyone! I hope we ALL get that precious little bundle we thrive for so badly:thumbup::hugs:

I think I agree with you because sometimes DH and I discuss how babies were created back in the day. Like in Jesus's day:). How did they know if they had PCOS? Or if their DH had a low sperm count, motility, morphology???? Im sure there were issues and modern medicine has helped that but for the most part it seems like it was much easier doing it the way that you stated. Now I do agree that if you have been trying a long time, using these God given interventions are GREAT!! I may have never gotten BFP if I didnt find out I have PCOS! I would be like the barren woman in the bible, but then even God blessed her with a child in old age. So I said all that to say, I can see BOTH sides of the coins! Be blessed and baby dust!!!

Im sure that in hindsight that is true however its all easier said than done !!!

Yeah i totally agree, easier said than done!!!

Yep easier said then done!!!!!

I really don't fancy having sex every other day from CD10 through to CD28.

If i didn't use my cbfm or temping then i would not have know when i ovulated or that i have a short lp, if i didn't do all that then it may take a heck of a long time to conceive and being 30 and wanting more then one child, i may not get that opportunity if i did it the old fashion way.

I completely agree with what she is saying in way. Although the most magical moment for me was getting my BFP with my son. That was magical. I think unfortunately if you are serious about a family and would like children a certain age apart you must scrutinise the calender etc to try and get your best chances! (as much as i enjoy the BD i have other things to do aswell lol) And doing it the old fashioned way in the 40's, 50's (or further back) wasnt always enthralwed with passion, it was a husband asking his wife for 'wifely duties' lol i think everything in moderation and as long your relationship with your OH is going well and you are both happy thats the main thing.

yea i remember when i read this and i was like whoa she's right!! but it's much more easier said than done. it's taking me forever to get my bfp and i'm trying to relax and just let it happen when it's supposed to but it's so hard!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->