• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Aaaaaah help Anyone PLEASE!!!

Nimoo

Mummy+wife+Expecting
Reaction score
BITE BITE BITE thats all he constantly does to ME!!!!
heres a little background for you
* husky x border collie
* 11 weeks 5 days old
* MALE
* lived with us three weeks today

sooo here i go, my pup Reo is fine with DH my LO and EVERYONE ELSE he doesnt bite or anything to any of them and is super submissive to DH and LO but when it comes to me its nip nip nip chew chew chew as if im his litter mate he doesnt listen to me when i say NO or yelp like another pup or growl at him or anything that have been suggested soo far!!! Other than the biting he listens to sit stay paw NO and leave it and is fine otherwise but when he starts biting he DOESNT STOP and its only to me WHY??!!! And any suggestions on how i can make it STOP!!! its completely out of control please dont read and run any suggestions are more than welcome thanks :D

also I have tried coins in a can thing and spray bottle and ignoring him x

In a word, because you're female. Sled dogs are known to have dominance problems and he thinks he is your boss.

Nothing to do with dominance. Puppies bite, it's fine, it's normal and it's a good thing. He is probably doing it more to you because of how you react to him.

Please don't use rattle bottles or any other aversive with a puppy, they can cause behavioural problems later on. The following article is really good and explains all about puppy biting and how to deal with it. If you follow it exactly, are consistent and get a really good 'yelp' it will work.

https://www.cockersonline.co.uk/discuss/index.php?topic=64170.0;wap2

Alternatively, when your puppy is biting, shove a chew toy in his mouth and praise him for chewing that. He can't bite you when his mouth is full of toy.

You need to use one method and stick with it though, if you keep changing what you do it will take the pup longer to work.

Collies are bred to be nippy (it is how they herd sheep) so they can be more mouthy than other breeds. You are looking to teach the pup how to behave, submissive shouldn't come into it.

My spaniel puppy is still very nippy at 4 months. She has calmed down though, she used to growl but she's stopped that. She pushes it more with the children but they immitate yelping and ignore her for 30 seconds. x

thanks everyone for your help!! :D

You need to use one method and stick with it though, if you keep changing what you do it will take the pup longer to work.

100% agree, you need to be consistent whwnever it happens - including DH!

Nothing to do with dominance. Puppies bite, it's fine, it's normal and it's a good thing. He is probably doing it more to you because of how you react to him.

Please don't use rattle bottles or any other aversive with a puppy, they can cause behavioural problems later on. The following article is really good and explains all about puppy biting and how to deal with it. If you follow it exactly, are consistent and get a really good 'yelp' it will work.

https://www.cockersonline.co.uk/discuss/index.php?topic=64170.0;wap2

Alternatively, when your puppy is biting, shove a chew toy in his mouth and praise him for chewing that. He can't bite you when his mouth is full of toy.

Collies are bred to be nippy (it is how they herd sheep) so they can be more mouthy than other breeds. You are looking to teach the pup how to behave, submissive shouldn't come into it.

:thumbup:

I always prefer to 'growl' rather than 'yelp' though ... litter mates yelp when one of them bites the other too hard - mummy dogs give a low growl, so I go with that :D

just realised i never updated any of this my little lovely REO just stopped biting on his own i think he got bored cos he stopped getting attention when he was biting so he realised it on his own or just grew out of it i think just thought id update cos i completely forgot about this post ooops :dohh:
and just wanted to say thanks for all the replies :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"