Aaaaghh! Blocked milk ducts and sleepless night!

Discussion in 'Breastfeeding' started by poppy, Apr 14, 2009.

1. poppy

poppy Mum of Three

Ever since Tristan bit my nipple the other day, it has been really hard feeding him on the right side. Every time Tristan feeds on it, the sore reopens - ouch! This has led to on and off blocked milk ducts.:hissy:

Last night, I got about two and a half hours sleep as the milk ducts were so blocked it felt so sore. I had tried feeding Tristan earlier and tried pumping - but to no avail. Eventually, I ended up waking up Tristan again to feed and luckily, he managed to unblock the glands through feeding.

I hope this doesn't happen again tonight as I am knackered.:cry:

2. thelilbump

thelilbump ♥ mummy to a princess ♥

aww :hugs:

hurts doesn't it? i had it once. next time you might want to try and have a hot shower and massage the breast x

3. Mervs Mum

Mervs Mum Doula & Mum of 3!

:hug:

That sounds awful Paula :( Why dont you take some paracetamol before bed tonight - might help you sleep. x

4. poppy

poppy Mum of Three

I did try the massaging of the breast thing, but it didn't really work. I did end up with a big milk lump right by my nipple which luckily went away when Tristan fed. I will have a hot bath tonight though.

5. poppy

poppy Mum of Three

I am going to be really sorry for myself tonight and eat a bit of a Thorntons chocolate egg, have a hot bath, sit in my unsexy PJs and watch Gok Wan's Fashion Fix and other such TV candyfloss!

6. Mervs Mum

Mervs Mum Doula & Mum of 3!

Ooooh...never has a blocked duct sounded more appealing!! I think I'll come out in sympathy x ;)

7. thelilbump

how u feelin today?

lol...i love your plan for last night!

8. poppy

poppy Mum of Three

A lot better thanks! Sometimes it clogs up again a bit but generally it is a lot better. The chocoate and crap tv must have helped!:happydance:

9. thelilbump

aw i'm really glad your better.

I got mastisis *sp* and it was horrible, think i was more panicked by how fast it came on. we went out for a walk and i felt fine, on our way back i felt like i was going to pass out - not good. I found it was sore for about 10 days after but *touch wood* i haven't had a problem since. Hope the same happens for you x

10. thelilbump

Passing within 10 days and not reoccuring i mean, not getting mastisis :dohh: