Aaaarrgghhh damned thrush!

hulahoop09

Mum to lg and pg #2
Reaction score
Hiya

Bit of a rant! had some antibiotics which triggered it in march, since then I have had 3 lots of treatment and it still wont shift! I havent got external symptoms, its internal. So far i have used 2 lots of internal cream and a pessary and it still wont go. I have had swabs which have confirmed there isnt any infection etc, jst thrush. I havent had intercourse since my first loy of treatment so hubby isnt passing it and he has now been treated jat incase he had it.

Been to docs today and now i have got to use a pessary tonight and another in a couple of days to see if the double dose will shift it!!

Xx

I have thought about this and last week when I used pessary it took a few days before I stopped getting the chalky discharge does that mean the pessary was still inside and if I put in 2 (2 nights apart) isnt it going to be a bit full in there :D

Also does anyone know how long pessary takes to clear it up as I could do with booking in for swabs with the nurse next week just incase!

xx

Ok I had these issues too :( I used the interntal treatment that is usually 6 days, well my OB told me to double it to 12 days and don't insert it all the way. I also had a few baths with a fair bit of white vinegar and salt in them, it burns a bit but Definatly helps.

12 days for it to clear from a pessary? The cream i felt go right up to my cervix, the pessary i dntv kniw about but somewhere in there it is hiding! Lol. Xx

Hi hun. my mum suffers from thrush on a regular basis and she has to have antibiotics to clear it up as nothing else works. If this lot doesn't work I'd go back to your gp and ask about antibiotics. I don't know if they're safe to take during pregnancy, but it's something to ask your gp.

Thanks but its antibiotics that triggered it! Lol. I got it last yr from antibiotics also. Lol. Its so annoying isnt it! Xx

Sorry if this is a bit TMI but everytime i have had it, i have used a cheapy natural yogurt. Just slathered it on and left it for a while, possible overnight if you don't mind the ickyness(!) and then wash off. it has worked a treat everytime and i've never had to buy the creams or pessaries.

xxx

Sorry if this is a bit TMI but everytime i have had it, i have used a cheapy natural yogurt. Just slathered it on and left it for a while, possible overnight if you don't mind the ickyness(!) and then wash off. it has worked a treat everytime and i've never had to buy the creams or pessaries.

xxx

Is this just for external symptoms though? I havent got any external at all. I am guessing mine is quite high up in there!! :D

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->