Aaarrrrghhh...spots

Vanilla Spice

Reaction score
I'm just wondering whether anyone else is or has suffered from an outbreak of ache once they stopped taking the pill.

I stopped taking the pill back in january and I am suffering really badly from acne - I'm trying everything from drinking more water and using a different cleanser to taking evening primrose twice a day....but nothing seems to be working.

Is there anything that I can try - it's really beginning to get me down. :cry:

Thanks again my fellow BNB girlies :flower:

Hi hun

I've had horrid hormone related spots before (mine was actually after a pregnancy which mc'd), and NOTHING would shift them...until I found a Dr who took me seriously. Other GPs I saw just said use benoyl peroxide but that did nothing for me. The Drs didn't really take me seriously as it wasn't *that bad*, but it was bad enough to get me down, and to make me spend ages in the morning trying to cover my face up. I was so self concious. I eventually saw a Dr who agreed to prescribe me RetinA- it's a topical version of retinoic acid (ie you put it on your face rather than take a pill) and it is the first thing ever that worked for me. I've sensitive skin, and the first week it actually hurt- my skin felt like it was burning, but I persevered, and I've now great skin. When I start to feel things going downhill, I just pop a bit of that on now. You use it with benzyl peroxide.

I know retinoic acid should not be used when pregnant as it causes deformities, but I believe that there is no evidence that the topical treatments cause problems, but I think I'd still not use it while TTC or pregnant- when are you hoping to TTC?

Hi :)
I developed acne when I first started taking a different BCP about 6 months ago. I had never had acne before and maybe only 5 pimples my entire life. I bought a product from Burts Bees called "Natural Acne Solutions Pore Refining Scrub". It worked wonders. I used it about twice a week when in the shower. When I had a large zit pop up I would immediately apply the scrub that day and almost instantly it looked less inflamed and less noticeable...wow I sound like a commercial spokesperson haha. Anyways that worked for me.

Me! Went off in December and have had awful (for me) acne since.. I've also noticed my face and hair are SO oily - never had this problem before. On the plus side, I guess, mine is on my neck and back and on my forehead near my hairline. So the face stuff I try to cover up with my hair, and my neck and back I just deal with. It seems to be getting a tad better month by month.. I use a daily scrub with benzyl peroxide on my forehead and back, and I also use Neutrogena's On-the-Spot acne cream (I love that stuff, btw).

It sucks! I hope our hormones level out eventually!

Oh!! The penny has just dropped... THAT's why I've been getting spots on my face and forehead and why my T-zone has recently started to act like a north sea oil rig!! D'oh why didn't I think of it before. I came off the pill in January and of course, that'll be why!

Thank you! At least I know now it's not some dietary thing (or at least it's unlikely to be!) lol! Stupid hormones!

all the time :haha: i still get dry skin and spots before AF :growlmad: its really annoying too

I have suffered terribly with spots for the last 2 years. Never had them
In my teens (but was on the pill for most of them!)
So recently I brought grapeseed extract tablets. But got the wrong ones, as it was meant to be grape fruit seed extract. So didn't bother. But started about 2 weeks ago taking 1 each morning with my prenatals, and my skin is now completely clear!!! :-D.
Got them from holland and Barrett, the 50mg capsules. Xxx

Me. I came off the pill for a year and had awful spots all over my face, all of the time- never had spots as a teenager at all. Got so sick of it that I went back on the pill to get rid of them. I know that I'm going to be spotty again as soon as I stop to allow my body to get ready for TTC. UUurrgh.

your joking right? im still currently on the pill now i dont want to come off asif i want a face full of spots! dreading this already :(

it doesnt effect everyone chick, coming off the pill effect every one differently u might be one of the lucky ones :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->