• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Aarrghghhh just eaten liver

_Vicky_

Mum to twins
Reaction score
BOOOOOOOOO - was cooking dog treats and ate a bit of liver (cooked all through and about the size of 1/4 of my palm) and just remembered its a real no no - AARRGGHHHH am panicking should I make myself sick? Can i eat anything to negate it?

hun dont worry about it! everyone slips up now and again! I have a HUGE history of allergies and athsma in my family, and accidentally ate a peanut butter sandwich last week! freaked out, then realised there's not much i could do! dont worry hun, you and bubs will be fine!

I don't think a little will harm you, what did they do in the days before we had all of these ' rules '.

If you're used to eating it previously too, i don't think it does any harm, as lots of japenese woman eat sushi during pregnancy x

lol hehe ok and I am breathing again - what possessses me I HATE liver but it is the woof mutts birthday tomorrow lol

Also the liver will be diluted between each of the babies hehehe so half the damage whoo hooo lol

Thank you xxxxxxxxxx

Just found this..

Liver products and supplements containing vitamin A
Make sure you don't have too much vitamin A. This means you should avoid eating liver and liver products such as pâté and avoid taking supplements containing vitamin A or fish liver oils (which contain high levels of vitamin A). You need some vitamin A, but having too much means that levels could build up and may harm your unborn baby. Ask your GP or midwife if you want more information.

Its only from teh Build up of Vit A, so Unless you finished the whole pack and gone out to buy some more, I wouldnt panic heh xxx

No, you will be ok!!!! I had chicken liver cravings It is divine and I still sneak and eat some now and then.

Firt of all - YUCK, LIVER! hat possessed you! :wacko:

I agree with this - it is a "build up" of Vit A that you have to worry about... even then...

Until not THAT long ago, pregnant women were strongly encouraged to eat lots of liver because of the iron in it :shrug:

A tiny bit will do you NO HARM WHATSOEVER :hugs:

So so worries at all :hugs:

QT

Just found this..

Liver products and supplements containing vitamin A
Make sure you don't have too much vitamin A. This means you should avoid eating liver and liver products such as pâté and avoid taking supplements containing vitamin A or fish liver oils (which contain high levels of vitamin A). You need some vitamin A, but having too much means that levels could build up and may harm your unborn baby. Ask your GP or midwife if you want more information.

Its only from teh Build up of Vit A, so Unless you finished the whole pack and gone out to buy some more, I wouldnt panic heh xxx

It is indeed the 'too much vitamin A' that's the problem, and just a little bit of liver once in a while will be just fine =)

In fact, one of the booklets I got from my midwife actually says it's ok to eat 1 slice of bread with liver pate once a day. I'm not gonna try it, but it's nice to know that once in a while it won't hurt =)

A little tiny bit will not even touch the sides my lovely - worry not!
x

My mom swore by liver and onions when pregnant. Intentionally ate it even though she didn't like it because she said it would make us all smarter. We're all fine and smart, so I wouldn't worry about a tiny bit. They didn't know about too much vit A back then.

I wouldn't worry, I think in the olden days they used to reccomend eating it or so I read somewhere. I'm not saying we should eat it obviously but just that people used to eat it back in the day so I'm sure it's not that bad as a one off xxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"