Aarrghghhh just eaten liver

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Second Trimester' started by _Vicky_, Sep 3, 2009.

1. _Vicky_

_Vicky_ Mum to twins

BOOOOOOOOO - was cooking dog treats and ate a bit of liver (cooked all through and about the size of 1/4 of my palm) and just remembered its a real no no - AARRGGHHHH am panicking should I make myself sick? Can i eat anything to negate it?

2. NuKe

NuKe mummy to 2 gorgeous girls

hun dont worry about it! everyone slips up now and again! I have a HUGE history of allergies and athsma in my family, and accidentally ate a peanut butter sandwich last week! freaked out, then realised there's not much i could do! dont worry hun, you and bubs will be fine!

3. jem02

jem02 Mirren 16/01/10

I don't think a little will harm you, what did they do in the days before we had all of these ' rules '.

If you're used to eating it previously too, i don't think it does any harm, as lots of japenese woman eat sushi during pregnancy x

4. _Vicky_

_Vicky_ Mum to twins

lol hehe ok and I am breathing again - what possessses me I HATE liver but it is the woof mutts birthday tomorrow lol

Also the liver will be diluted between each of the babies hehehe so half the damage whoo hooo lol

Thank you xxxxxxxxxx

5. Claire788

Claire788 Mum to Gorgeous boy!

Just found this..

Liver products and supplements containing vitamin A
    Make sure you don't have too much vitamin A. This means you should avoid eating liver and liver products such as pâté and avoid taking supplements containing vitamin A or fish liver oils (which contain high levels of vitamin A). You need some vitamin A, but having too much means that levels could build up and may harm your unborn baby. Ask your GP or midwife if you want more information.

Its only from teh Build up of Vit A, so Unless you finished the whole pack and gone out to buy some more, I wouldnt panic heh xxx

6. _Vicky_

_Vicky_ Mum to twins

thank you xxxxxxxxx

7. luckyno2

luckyno2 Well-Known Member

No, you will be ok!!!! I had chicken liver cravings It is divine and I still sneak and eat some now and then.

8. QTPie

QTPie Well-Known Member

Firt of all - YUCK, LIVER! hat possessed you! :wacko:

I agree with this - it is a "build up" of Vit A that you have to worry about... even then...

Until not THAT long ago, pregnant women were strongly encouraged to eat lots of liver because of the iron in it :shrug:

A tiny bit will do you NO HARM WHATSOEVER :hugs:

So so worries at all :hugs:

QT

9. Erised

Erised Mummy to amazing girls

It is indeed the 'too much vitamin A' that's the problem, and just a little bit of liver once in a while will be just fine =)

In fact, one of the booklets I got from my midwife actually says it's ok to eat 1 slice of bread with liver pate once a day. I'm not gonna try it, but it's nice to know that once in a while it won't hurt =)

10. Buffy71

Buffy71 Mummy to Harriet!

A little tiny bit will not even touch the sides my lovely - worry not!
    x

11. Seity

Seity Mom to Gabriel and Samuel

My mom swore by liver and onions when pregnant. Intentionally ate it even though she didn't like it because she said it would make us all smarter. We're all fine and smart, so I wouldn't worry about a tiny bit. They didn't know about too much vit A back then.

12. mrskx0x0

mrskx0x0 Scarlett's Mummy

I wouldn't worry, I think in the olden days they used to reccomend eating it or so I read somewhere. I'm not saying we should eat it obviously but just that people used to eat it back in the day so I'm sure it's not that bad as a one off xxxxx