Abdominal scars?

Discussion in 'Teen Pregnancy' started by lily123, Dec 18, 2009.

1. lily123

lily123 Mammy <3

Hey Girls,
    Just wondered if any of you had any bad experiences with any abdominal scars you already had before you were pregnant? Totally random i know, but i've got a appendix scar down there, and a reeally large one from a kidney transplant - and they feel like they are gonna split open :shrug:

Dunno how else to explain it really lol. Maybe i'm just being a drama queen, but with my ever-growing bump, i get these searing pains across my scars and they are getting worse the bigger i get!

Are they just stretching? They realllllllly hurt!!

Lily xxx

2. AP

AP Well-Known Member

are you using any oils to moisturise? this could reeeally help while your skin is stretching? x

3. trashit

trashit Guest

Got a little bit of scar tissue right across top of bellybutton where a piercing got yanked out.. It actually did tear a bit and bled for a while.. I dont think yours will tho, mines a bit dodgy like that. Try creams and moisturisess x

4. Lil-woowoo

Lil-woowoo Mummy

:flower:Hey hun dont worry bout your scars spltting that wont happen, skin is pretty strong stuff. I also have an scar from having my appendix removed and it was fine when i was preggers. Best of luck x

5. ive got scars from hip piercings and they are fine so far, the skin has just gone really thin
    if your worried talk to your midwife about them

6. Jess&BooBabyX

Jess&BooBabyX Well-Known Member

I have a scar from my sister stabbing me and its start to hurt as i am getting bigger.
    Try creams and chat with your midwife :)
    x

7. Nomio

Nomio Member

I had my appendix removed at 20 weeks preg and no probs with the scar - if it can heal and stretch at the same time I'm sure that you will be fine. Like the girls said, plenty of moisturiser will help the itching. Good luck.