Abnormal Fatigue

sun

Mum of 3
Reaction score
Does anyone else have this???
I am really exhausted all the time and very lightheaded. I am getting enough to eat, but still feeling dizzy and just depleted. It seems to be getting worse as time goes by. I have been taking prenatal vitamins and trying to drink enough - any other ideas? I feel like my head weighs a ton and I drag myself around the house...

Definietely worth mentioning to your health visitor or Doc hun. Did you loose a lot of blood during the birth? Or even afterwards? Were you given any iron tablets to take afterwards? I think I had 'normal' blood loss but was given iron tablets post natal as my blood tests after birth showed low levels. I felt terrible, much worse that the expected no sleep exhaustion!!!

Just wondered if your levels are too low and you are anaemic (sp?), symptoms sound similar.
Hope you get some answers soon.

XXX

Hi i am the same but i put mine down to lack of sleep, breastfeeding so not had more than 4 hours sleep in a row yet. When lo had a good night i felt so much better.

omg yes!!! im exactly the same, ive had this dizziness for 4 months now and i think it is pure lack of sleep as when my lo sleeps more at night, or ive had a less busy day i feel better. I truly know the meaning of when they say 'drunk with fatigue' coz thats how i feel drunk without the drink. youre not alone hun xxx

I would take some iron just to make sure...and lots of sleep!

Are you pale??

Sounds like you need some iron. I am on iron tablets, theyre not the nicest of things with side effects but i am aneamic now and lost a lot of blood so they should start to help soon (i dont feel the benefits yet)

your GP will be able to do a blood test and give you some tablets

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"