Abnormal smear result :( Hpv virus?

sammie13s

Reaction score
Does this now mean I have to wait to try? I have to go back for a colposcopy. So worried and confused :( My results was only low grade. Anyone? Xxxx

It could be nothing - I had an abnormal result for my second one several years ago, and they've been normal since then. My doctor wasn't too concerned and said sometimes the test just comes back that way. Good luck. :flower:

I've had that. It's scary when you first find out, but I think it's actually quite common and in most cases it turns out to be ok, especially if it's low grade. Try not to worry too much at this stage (easier said than done I know).

I think you should just call them and see what they say about TTC - they probably get asked all the time. Is there a phone number on the letter?

I had an abnormal pap smear before. I was sent for a colposcopy and tested for HPV. The HPV test was positive and I had a second colposcopy done after 6 months. i was totally freaked out. But it was also were low grade and was told after the 2nd colposcopy to just make an appt for my annual pap smear. Since then I have have normal pap smear results, which have definitely calmed my nerves. As far as having to WTT, I don't know anything about that, sorry.

I have had an abnormal result and had to go for colposcopy too not nice. Just have to have annual smears now and all have been ok. Its pretty common though. Don't worry too much.

Try not and stress much about it, many women have abnormal paps at random times. It doesn't always mean HPV though that is the leading reason to abnormal paps. I had an abnormal pap 5 or 6 years ago, they did a biopsy of some of the cells and they came back normal. Since then I have had normal paps, they wanted me to get checked out 6 months later after the first abnormal, but that's just a precaution. If they request that of you, go and get re-checked, also you can go to a different doctor and be checked out by them if you feel it wasn't right. When I was told I had an abnormal pap, the women who performed it also had to google things on her phone to answer some of my questions....that should have been my red flag. Just take care of yourself, don't over think anything and I wouldn't WTT if that's your only reason to wait. Many women who have HPV get pregnant and have healthy babies. I hope this helps!

Try not and stress much about it, many women have abnormal paps at random times. It doesn't always mean HPV though that is the leading reason to abnormal paps. I had an abnormal pap 5 or 6 years ago, they did a biopsy of some of the cells and they came back normal. Since then I have had normal paps, they wanted me to get checked out 6 months later after the first abnormal, but that's just a precaution. If they request that of you, go and get re-checked, also you can go to a different doctor and be checked out by them if you feel it wasn't right. When I was told I had an abnormal pap, the women who performed it also had to google things on her phone to answer some of my questions....that should have been my red flag. Just take care of yourself, don't over think anything and I wouldn't WTT if that's your only reason to wait. Many women who have HPV get pregnant and have healthy babies. I hope this helps!

If someone who works in the medical field looks up answers on their phone shouldn't be working in that field or know the answer. If my doctor did that I would looking for a new one.

If someone who works in the medical field looks up answers on their phone shouldn't be working in that field or know the answer. If my doctor did that I would looking for a new one.

I have never seen that doctor since, it was a one time thing since my normal doctor was out of town. I have also left the fairview health system due to the lack of care the nurses and doctors give. Not all are bad, but so many I have dealt with over the years through fairview were just terrible.

There are many strains of HPV and our bodies put most of them in complete submission. In other words, most of them are harmless. 80% of the sexually active human population has a strain and most of them don't even know it. I wouldn't worry unless your doctor gives you reason to at your next appointment (likely 6 months from now). Your next pap will likely turn out normal. I had an abnormal pap like that a few years back and worried myself over nothing. Mine have all been normal since, and I have had a perfectly healthy baby :blue: and have never had a MC since that abnormal pap. So relax a little, you're probably just fine and it will not affect your fertility at all. :)

No hun - they'l probably just retest in 6 months. I had CIN 2 - they kept an eye on it for 2 years. When it showed no improvement then I had LEETZ. I was told I didn't have to wait for the outcome of the treatment to start trying. I got pregnant before my first check up smear. I now have to go annually. Touch wood I have had 3 clear smear tests since and now pregnant with baby no. 2.

The only potential issues are if you have MULTPLE treatments (that is not incl. colposcopy - I have had countless of them) it can leave you with in incompetent cervix. Also there is a 1 percent increase risk in premature labour.

If they have caught it early you have nothing to worry about xx

Does this now mean I have to wait to try? I have to go back for a colposcopy. So worried and confused :( My results was only low grade. Anyone? Xxxx

Hi Sammie,

I just got the same letter :( I have to wait 8 weeks to hear from the clinic then wait for an appointment for a colposcopy then wait for the results:(!! Sad times! I'm sure that'll bring me out at the time my husband and I want to ttc! When I went back for my second smear the nurse said she advised against ttc until I know the results as the procedure is quite intrusive and may not be the best for the baby... However I would be conscious of asking for a second opinion so I think I'm going to go and make an appointment at the doctors and speak to a doctor as I just will be too stressed waiting! :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->