• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

abnormal smear test results

caz81

Reaction score
I have had abnormal results on smear tests since i was 21, when i was 23 i had treatment (cells frozen) and for a few years they were ok however, last year they came back again. I have just had my latest smear at the hospital and i have had a letter back today saying i now have moderate changes and need to go in on the 13th may for an appointment, im really scared now as i will be 7 weeks pregnant by then, has anyone had any experience of this? does this make me less likely to be able to carry my baby to term? as you may guess im really scared so if anyone has an experience i would be very grateful xx

Hi Hun

Have you told them you are pregnant? they might not do anything until you get over the safe point i would ring them xx

Yea I'm not sure they would do a smear if your only 7 weeks pregnant hun x good luck x :hugs:

Hi there, I have also had abnormal results in the past, it was cleared up with a round of anti-biotics. I had another smear done when I found out I was pg (pg can accelerate cell changes so good to be checked and know) which came back normal. However, my doctor said had the results shown abnormalities they would not have performed any invasive treatment until after my pg.

In terms of affects on pg there are none unless you have had cone procedures done in the past in which case they may put a stitch in place to ensure the cervix stays nice and closed. I have a few friends who have had this and had perfectly fine pg's.

xx

thank you, i will phone hospital tomorrow and let them know i am pregnant xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"