Abnormal Thyroid hormones during very early pregnancy??

Deni85

Reaction score
Hi ladies, I am only 4 weeks along (2 weeks gestation). I did a blood test at 10 dpo (super early!) and the results made my doctor very worried...she called me on a Saturday to ask me to repeat the test as soon as possible (like same day if possible).
My TSH is 0.03, and the normal range is 0.4 to 5.0. Low TSH like mine means very over(hyper)active thyroid.
I'm shocked because:
- I've had only normal blood tests before.
- I didn't know the thyroid hormones can be affected by pregnancy this much, SO soon!!
Since I got pregnant, I have shortness of breath and can't stand heat. Normally I LOVE heat, I always had extremely high heat tolerance, and I'm very active and workout several times a week and I haven't had shortness of breath. Now even a conversation or walking causes shortness of breath.
I'm waiting for another blood test before my doctor can tell me what to do about it.
Anyone else with a problem like mine? What are you doing about it?

I have hypothyroidism (so the opposite of what you're experiencing), and at 8 weeks pregnant my TSH was over 9. I panicked, but they just adjusted my medication and it was in the normal range within a few weeks. Your doc will likely put you on a thyroid med and recheck in a month or so. But don't worry, as long as it's caught and treated, this won't affect your pregnancy at all!

I have an under active thyroid and usually while pregnant my levels go right up So my dose is usually upped I just have to have regular blood tests to keep it in check x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->