? about 6 week post natal check

Miss~Gaby

Reaction score
what do they check at the 6 week post natal check (for Mum, not the baby one). Do they examine you if you had stitches etc??
I've got my 6 week check in the morning and not sure what to expect.

Yes if you have had stitched they check that as well as they will check your abdomen and internally check your cervix to make sure it is going back to the size it should be. They will check your blood pressure,weight.....I think thats about it. They usually discuss birth control methods at that appointment as well lol. Hope that helps :)

My 6 week check up they didnt check anything on me. Didnt mention my blood pressure, blood loss nothing. She just asked me questions about how I felt, my mood, contraception etc. I had an episiotomy and my stitches wernt checked to see if ive healed, thank god though lol cant bare the thought of being touched down there yet lol

at mine the doctor asked if i still had my stitches, and asked if i was experiencing any discomfort. also weighed me and took my blood presure and thats it really

I had lots of stitches with my last baby and never had them examined at my postnatal check....I thought they would as they'd got infected etc but nope....nobody bothered:cry:

They may ask if you want them to look but if you think they're ok then you can say no. Dr will examine your tummy to make sure your uterus is where it should be and ask how you are etc, and may ask you to fill in a postnatal depression type thing to check how you are. Will probably ask if you've had a smear too....but they don't usually do a smear at your postnatal check like they used to as they prefer you to be about 12 wks post-birth as it's more accurate.

Good luck:hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->