about the 'lady garden' getting overgrown

Shri

Reaction score
LOL!

This seems to be a topic that comes up quite a lot - what to do with the pants-moustache situation since we can no longer see the area much less reach it...

Anyway I'm personally not that bothered, in the past I've sometimes trimmed it right back to almost bare and other times just let it be for ages. OH doesn't care either way. However, all these threads have made me a bit paranoid as to what is acceptable now.

Do most people spend quite a bit of time 'gardening' then?

The other thing is, this must be a modern phenomenon, because the pictures in my old Miriam Stoppard books, have women with full on pelts down below.
Obviously it was ok THEN to be photographed in such a state of disarray.
:rofl:

:blush:

Haha!!
I cant see mine at all anymore! So its OH's job to do the "gardening" haha!!
He does it every couple of weeks, because its not really that important at the moment. But when I get closer to my due date I'll make sure he keeps on top of the garden work!

xx

I just plan on trimming nearer the time. I mean screw it, the midwives and doctors will have seen it all before! :rofl:

My philosophy was it's not anything they haven't seen before and honestly come time to have her I could have cared less :rofl:

There is so much else going on during labour that honestly I cant see even caring less how it looks!! No doctor or midwife is going to be like "woah, hold that baby in, we need to trim you up first" There are WAY more important things going on then how you look down there!

Ohhh i can\t see mine anymore, but i give it my best shot, sounds horrible but rying it youself while in the bathtub helps, though im going to go to my salon and get waxed a few days before im due! because even though the doctors and mdiwfes have seen it all before i dont care! i HATE not being groomed down there, it makes me feel yuck, its not for the midwifes or doctors il be doing it, for my own personal comfort =)

You don't even know what a huge step it is for me to allow myself to not be perfectly taken care of.

It used to be an every day (or second day, depending how rushed I was) ritual just like shaving my legs in the morning in the shower.

I just give up now :rofl:

Dignity? What's that?

I'm planning on a massive grooming session the month before we're due -- I'm due mid-January, so it's sort of a Christmas present to myself. Hopefully I'll have time to go back for some maintenance before I pop; I had planned to wax all along and I've let that go, but I don't want to go into the hospital with the jungle I'm sporting ATM.

I look at it like.... if I can't see it, it doesn't exist

There is so much else going on during labour that honestly I cant see even caring less how it looks!! No doctor or midwife is going to be like "woah, hold that baby in, we need to trim you up first" There are WAY more important things going on then how you look down there!

:rofl:

I gave up at 30 weeks. So you can imagine the state down there at 41+6 :)

I cant see mine anymore but im well overdue a tidy up - i just cant get to my bits hehe im leaving it till right near the time and then ill get my partner to help me i think x

The main reason I'm getting mine down towards the end isn't the midwives - it's to prevent the shock when I've had bubs and can finally see down there!!! I've always been quite trim, so I'd hate to suddenly see it all overgrown and not be abe to get to the salon for a waxing!!!!!:rofl:

I decided to go to get a bikini wax at my local beautician seeing as how I can't see past my bump now!

I've had this prob in the past and had to ask hubby to get his strimmer out....oops I mean trimmer:rofl:. It was too nervewracking so now I keep on top of it and when it gets to the stage where I know I'll never see it again....I shave it all off. Itches like buggery for a day or two but much less likely to be overgrown by the end:rofl:

Im not bothered about what MWs or docs think about down there, as they have probably seen everything possible anway. I just cant stand having hair on my body anywhere.. So im doing it for me!

It's been eye opening since I joined BnB because I was under the impression only the hardcore went for bikini waxing, beyond the edges anyway. I think it is a new phenomenon. I never heard of anyone shaving their bits when I was at school or uni! Needless to say mine usually gets a trim round the edges if I'm wearing fancy knickers for a fancy night or if I'm going swimming. I would never be prepared to shave it!! This is lucky, as I can't see it anymore so I don't think I could do anything with it even if I wanted to.

I love this thread!!!
I used to be a very on top of the lady garden girl and trimmed it very much back...however since being preggers and not being able to see it I must admit have let things slide.
About two weeks before every docs appt, I give it a little tidy up to ensure it's reasonable by then - as I don't want it looking PERFECT when I see my doc as he's male and don't want him thinking I do it just for him! LOL!!!
:)

Well let's just say. I miss patches when I do it myself. But don't realise until OH notices. :rofl: It's gettin impossible now, so I have no clue what I'm gonna be doing nearer my due-date. :? I'll have to get him to do it. I aint having a full blown bush when I'm in labour, no thanks. I only like it hairless!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->