About to give up :(

h.m.n

Reaction score
New to the site so I hope i'm doing this right! Trying to conceive second child..

I have been having some pregnancy symptoms such as nausea tiredness sore swollen breasts and mild cramping on and off for about 2 weeks now.

I was certain I was pregnant until I took an early pregnancy test this morning :( It is 5 days before my period is due and reviews I read seemed to say people had had good results with this test (first response early test) but I got a negative result this morning and im in bits!

On the packaging it says it in only 62% accurate 5days before period so should I just pull myself together and wait or just admit that its not going to happen again this month :( I just need some support x

Ok the thing with the statistics on that packaging if u dig deep online u will find those statistics are from a panel of women with a 28 day cycle ovulating on CD14 and having a 14 LP. So statistically speaking with any test a woman who takes a test 5days before on 9dpo has a pretty good chance at ..... At least getting a faint pos. Hence your 62% ...... Because the majorit of women on average implant at 6dpo.....however women on the other end of the spetical who ovulate later ....... May have a longer cycle and taking the test fivedays before their expected period will most likely be negative.....because Ovulation comes late (and sometimes it can vary I vary CD15-21) then your expected af and test date is going to move out. Some women don't take this into consideration and test too early. For example: my expected af would be the 8th. I ovulated CD21 instead of CD18 so now expected af and test date is the 11th not the 8....many women test too early.

Moral of it all is.....don't lose hope ur not out till af is making a mess in your undies!! Those are statistics based on women with the PERFECT cycle.

Oh and implantation CAN happen as late as 12dpo.......meaning a bfp probably won't come till 13-15dpo.

Their statistics annoy me because lets face it there aren't many women who have that ideal cycle......so they use it as a marketing concept so women will throw away hundreds of dollars......and they're not pregnant or its too early. Girl don't u give up!!.go online buy some wondfo hcg strips $15 for 50 and when u feel like poas pee on those and then when u get a line with them back it up with the expensive tests. The wondfos are sensitive I think 10m/L I've seen em pick up even lower

Thank you:flower: Suppose I had just better wait it out I know were all different but everyone around me seems to be getting pregnant and they weren't even trying :( x

As does everyone around me....sweetie!! My sister is 28weeks my best friend is 7weeks .....another one of my friends is 10.weeks......I have four babyshowers coming up and I attended four this summer. I am completely bummed and sadd!! But u know what when it happens for us it will all be worth it.

And I been ttc 10 cycles. My best friend has only been with her baby's dad 5 months ..... I've been with mine for nearly .....5 years. Not fair. But being jealous and bitter only makes it even harder I know so I choose to embrace and ....keep going

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->