About to go to A&E *Update*

Well i'm not pregnant, basically. Didn't even get a scan. They did a pregnancy test which came back negative, which I don't understand how as the dr did one yesterday and I did another one yesterday which showed positive. The woman was a complete and utter horrible bitch with zero compassion, I was upset and crying and she just said 'don't cry Natalie' but not in a sympathetic 'there there don't cry' way, just bluntly 'don't cry'. My OH laid into her! It was almost as if they accused me of making it up that I had got positive tests. She just said I was having my period, when I said how many positive tests I had done including yesterday she then said it was a chemical. I don't believe this, I thought a chemical was when you had done a positive test before AF and then come on as normal. Some of the initial loss was very mucusy like plug almost, and I don't usually start a period with this, and brown/pink blood it's normally straight on with red blood. In my mind this is a miscarriage. So there we go, looks like I'm out of this section again and back in TTC again. Good luck to everyone with their pregnancies and h+h 9 months. xxxx

So sorry to hear how you were treated, and the outcome. Big :hugs:

Well i'm not pregnant, basically. Didn't even get a scan. They did a pregnancy test which came back negative, which I don't understand how as the dr did one yesterday and I did another one yesterday which showed positive. The woman was a complete and utter horrible bitch with zero compassion, I was upset and crying and she just said 'don't cry Natalie' but not in a sympathetic 'there there don't cry' way, just bluntly 'don't cry'. My OH laid into her! It was almost as if they accused me of making it up that I had got positive tests. She just said I was having my period, when I said how many positive tests I had done including yesterday she then said it was a chemical. I don't believe this, I thought a chemical was when you had done a positive test before AF and then come on as normal. Some of the initial loss was very mucusy like plug almost, and I don't usually start a period with this, and brown/pink blood it's normally straight on with red blood. In my mind this is a miscarriage. So there we go, looks like I'm out of this section again and back in TTC again. Good luck to everyone with their pregnancies and h+h 9 months. xxxx

Ah Natnee! I'm so so sorry! :hugs: That was absolutely awful! I'm so glad you came back to update us though. Maybe I'll be joining you in the TTC very soon who knows. In still quite pessimistic. Did you do your own pregnancy test when you got home? It's weird how they didn't even give you a scan. I'm so angry at them. Some people can be total dicks! Pardon my language. I've had my fair share of them today and over the last week as well. Got no time for people to lose their humanity. People like those shouldn't be in the caring profession. I think they need more awareness on miscarriage and early loss. Different things help different people though so sometimes it's hard to judge what to say (e.g some find comfort that it's gods will, others hate it) but definitely she was very insensitive on all accounts! I'm thinking of you and I'm very very sorry for your loss. This being my first pregnancy I was so surprised how attached I was to it right from the moment I got my BFP. Not only that but the loss is also very significant because you the same as anyone else, however far along have lost the potential to have a full term healthy baby. Please take care of yourself lovely! Also keep in touch! I want to know when you get your next BFP! Good luck. I'm rooting for you! X

Thanks hun. I have since spoken to the bereavement midwife who I had dealt with after I lost Poppy and she had been arranging an early scan for me anyway (for peace of mind) she has explained to me that if (well looks like I have) had passed 'the baby' then levels will drop straight away like that, which is why it tested negative today. I always thought it took time to decrease in your body. She has offered to come to my house in a couple of days to take bloods from me just to check from that. I guess I still have a tiny glimmer of hope they have been wrong, silly I know! It's just this morning we had to go over all the details about Poppy again, which is painful, then almost be accused of lying about getting positives, well that's what it felt like!

But I have a positive feeling for you though, like I said I will keep track of what happens with you xxx

Thanks hun. I have since spoken to the bereavement midwife who I had dealt with after I lost Poppy and she had been arranging an early scan for me anyway (for peace of mind) she has explained to me that if (well looks like I have) had passed 'the baby' then levels will drop straight away like that, which is why it tested negative today. I always thought it took time to decrease in your body. She has offered to come to my house in a couple of days to take bloods from me just to check from that. I guess I still have a tiny glimmer of hope they have been wrong, silly I know! It's just this morning we had to go over all the details about Poppy again, which is painful, then almost be accused of lying about getting positives, well that's what it felt like!

But I have a positive feeling for you though, like I said I will keep track of what happens with you xxx

Ah I am glad there is someone of a caring nature that will give you the peace of mind you need. Hopefully the test at the hospital was wrong. I also thought levels didn't drop suddenly either and it didn't sound like you passed anything that sounded like a sac at 6 weeks. To be honest, I don't even know what it looks like because every time I have been bleeding, I thought I passed it. Apparently according to other ladies on here it's grey and tissue like so maybe keep a watch for that. Xxx.

So sorry :hugs: I have had an early loss too and it's hard. Be kind to yourself :flower:

Ive done another one of my own ic and it's completely negative, the same test yesterday was positive, what a difference a day makes.

Oh my I'm so sorry :( :cry: how horrible that you have to go through this..life is so unfair. So glad your midwife is supporting you though. Lots of :hugs:

I'm so sorry hun. Sorry that you're going through this and sorry for the horrible way you've been treated. :hugs:

:hugs: so sorry!!! Can't believe they treated you like that in such a horrible time!

:hugs: so sorry you are going through this... and that you were treated very uncaring :hugs: Some people should not be in that profession... I don't get it. Take care of yourself.

I'm so sorry for your loss and how you have been treated :( xx

I'm sorry you are going through this :hugs: I hope you get good news at your scan

I'm sorry you are going through this :hugs: I hope you get good news at your scan

There won't be a scan now, it was like a negative test result, so bye no scan for you. I guess perhaps with hindsight we should've insisted that they at least have a look, but I was so upset and shocked with the way they were speaking to me I just wanted to get out of the hospital!

Thanks to you all for your kind words, at least all you ladies are lovely! xxx

Oh I'm so sorry! I think I missed a page when I posted. Good for your OH for telling that woman off. how awful. People are so ignorant when it comes to miscarriage. I had someone tell me that early losses weren't considered miscarriages! :growlmad: have you taken your own test? Mine took quite a while to go negative.

Oh I'm so sorry! I think I missed a page when I posted. Good for your OH for telling that woman off. how awful. People are so ignorant when it comes to miscarriage. I had someone tell me that early losses weren't considered miscarriages! :growlmad: have you taken your own test? Mine took quite a while to go negative.

Yes I did another test myself today and it was negative. I did one myself yesterday that was positive. It's crazy than in a day I've gone from being 'pregnant' to not!

:hugs: I'm sorry that you're going through this. Give yourself as much time as you need to heal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->