About to TTC for the first time?

RebeccaTB

Reaction score
Hiiii everybody!

It feels weird to even be in a forum like this - how did I get here!? Eeek! Time surely flies!

My husband (34) and I (32) got married early last year and have just decided to give it a go. I came off birth control the last week in January, had a positive OPK two weeks later, and then 16 days later (today!) got my period. Looks as if all systems go! **I must note that although everything seems "normal" so far and I'm feeling grateful to have gotten back into the rhythm so quickly after 16 years on BCP, I know it's not a surefire thing - so fingers crossed.**

We are going away next week to Aruba for an entire week, and if I calculated correctly I'll be ovulating at some point that week! So...we'll see what happens. I have a bunch of friends who had a BFP their first try, so I know it's possible - it just seems surreal though, doesn't it? Like it's so weird that it's my turn to go through this...wow. ANYWAY.

Anyone else about to try for the first time? I'm actually pretty terrified. hahaha.

Hey Rebecca!
I'm new to the forum too!! And I'm TTC #1. I am 26 years old, married for 2.4 years now.. never was on BCP, always used the Pull-out method cos its simple and has no side effects ever like with BCPs (we made it a routine to Pull out each time and have a hot water shower and we have survived for 2.4 years now without getting pregnant). I was shocked to see that you were on BCPs for 16 years! OMG thats crazy!

I'm TTC this year and the last time we didn't pull out was 3 days ago, just so that we get to practice. Hope to keep it going until I miss my period:lol:

I’m new too!! :) we are ttc baby #1. I’m 28 and OH is 33.
We have been ntnp for probably around 18months now with no luck, so we thought it was time to actively try!
I’m so excited but pretty nervous too, not about actually being pregnant or having a baby but more about the journey that I may have to go on to get there!

Hello ladies!

Im 25 and my OH is 28. This will be our first month trying. I'm just waiting for AF which should arrive within the next 2 or 3 days.

I have been waiting for this day which feels like forever! I will admit, i have secretly been buying stuff here and there and stashing it in the spare room haha. Im crazy like that.

Lets hope we get pur BFPs soon! :)
Xx

I’m new too!! :) we are ttc baby #1. I’m 28 and OH is 33.
We have been ntnp for probably around 18months now with no luck, so we thought it was time to actively try!
I’m so excited but pretty nervous too, not about actually being pregnant or having a baby but more about the journey that I may have to go on to get there!
Hi! You could be my TTC buddy i guess :) Good luck girl :)

Hiiii everybody!

It feels weird to even be in a forum like this - how did I get here!? Eeek! Time surely flies!

My husband (34) and I (32) got married early last year and have just decided to give it a go. I came off birth control the last week in January, had a positive OPK two weeks later, and then 16 days later (today!) got my period. Looks as if all systems go! **I must note that although everything seems "normal" so far and I'm feeling grateful to have gotten back into the rhythm so quickly after 16 years on BCP, I know it's not a surefire thing - so fingers crossed.**

We are going away next week to Aruba for an entire week, and if I calculated correctly I'll be ovulating at some point that week! So...we'll see what happens. I have a bunch of friends who had a BFP their first try, so I know it's possible - it just seems surreal though, doesn't it? Like it's so weird that it's my turn to go through this...wow. ANYWAY.

Anyone else about to try for the first time? I'm actually pretty terrified. hahaha.
Hey Rebecca,

How are you getting on? I am 27 and currently TTC Bub #1 :)

Hi everyone,

I'm also TTC my first one. I'm 31 and my OH is 39. I got pregnant in December last year on our second cycle of trying but had a missed miscarriage in February (I was meant to be 11 weeks but it had stopped developing at 8). This led to two D&Cs as they didn't get it all the first time and I got an infection. Anyway, that was horrible but it's in the past now so we've started trying again. This is our first cycle since the second D&C and I'm really hoping we'll have something to make this terrible start to the year better!

Good luck to all of you others too :)

Hi everyone,

I'm also TTC my first one. I'm 31 and my OH is 39. I got pregnant in December last year on our second cycle of trying but had a missed miscarriage in February (I was meant to be 11 weeks but it had stopped developing at 8). This led to two D&Cs as they didn't get it all the first time and I got an infection. Anyway, that was horrible but it's in the past now so we've started trying again. This is our first cycle since the second D&C and I'm really hoping we'll have something to make this terrible start to the year better!

Good luck to all of you others too :)
Good luck Rose! Sending you baby dust

Hey ladies,
Now I'm in a damn confusing state! Please helppppp!

According to FF, I ovulated on CD14, so I'm 19 DPO now (CD33) and 3 days late!

I tested on 13DPO :bfn: and tested today again :bfn:

I was having signs of AF arriving till yesterday.. today I have none! No pregnancy symptoms either... What is it then?? Late AF this month??

PS: My cycles are usually between 28-30 days.

Hello ladies!

34 year old here, trying for #1. Have tried before in the past, but no luck. Lost my last baby 10 years ago to a tubal pregnancy, leaving me with only one blocked tube. For years, on and off, I've worked on unblocking my tube with enzymes and Chinese herbs. For the past few months, I've been taking the prenatal Fertilaid, and just this cycle added Ovaboost and FertileCM (and actually saw an improvement with my CM during ovulation). I'm now 2DPO with fx that this month (which is cycle 1 of TTC this go around) is THE month!

Wishing all of your ladies the best! And hope to see some BFPs soon!:dust:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"