About twins??? Just wondering???

MilitaryMummy

Mum to Macie Brooke xxx
Reaction score
Hey all, this is for anyone really haha....
I was just wondering what the likliness of me having twins is?
My DH side of the family has twins in it, on his mother's side and it has already skipped a generation (which it has always done) and is technically back to his generation now?
I'm just wondering out of nosiness. lol.
xx

well i know for people who havent got twins in there family its 1 in 285
so a greater chancethan that

Sorry but twins only run in the female side of the family. Your dh can't make you ovulate two eggs, and identical twins are purely a freak of nature :) xxx

i was going to say the same its his job with the sex of the baby and yours to make the multiples :p

Yep, the two egg release is a female trait. Only women side can affect that. Identicals are by pure chance. There have been speculation as to things that can bump up the odds, but no solid data...I even watched a special on TV the other day about this.. interesting.

Yehh it does run on a female side... i have twin brothers, and my mums auntie has twins and then her auntie has twins ... so it hasnt skipped a generation fingers crossed this pregnancy wont be twins lol i do want twins just not first time hehe xxxxxxx

Yep it comes from the female's side as it't the female that releases the two eggs and identical twins is just something that can happen.

Your chances of releasing two eggs increases with age. Multiples are more common in women around 30 as they can release more eggs more often.

You could be in your 20's have no twins on your side of family and still end up pregnant with twins, it is the luck of the draw....

heyyyy now Kitty23!!! I'm an identical twin and the only set of twins in the family! We're not freaks of nature!!!!! I would say more of "special"!

Interesting! My mom is a twin and I have twins on my dads side too, my sister had twins 2 years ago :D However, im only 24 and my understanding is that it usually affects older women.

heyyyy now Kitty23!!! I'm an identical twin and the only set of twins in the family! We're not freaks of nature!!!!! I would say more of "special"!

No your not a freak of nature your a miracle of nature :hugs:

Interesting! My mom is a twin and I have twins on my dads side too, my sister had twins 2 years ago :D However, im only 24 and my understanding is that it usually affects older women.

If there are twins on your fathers side it is possible that you carry the hyperstimulation gene (which is what releases more eggs)

The male doesn't actully have anything to do with producing twins however if the male has a daughter then she can carry on that gene. So there is a high possibility you could also carry the gene and have twins yourself. Fraternal twins his inherited but identical twins are a miracle of there own.

Hey thanx for all you're answers. I'm happy with just the one little bean as long as my squisy is healthy. lol. I was just wondering as i know there were twins on his side and i've never had to think about it before lol. xxx

this is interesting cause twins run in my side if the family and its skipped generations...my nans mother (great grandma) was a twin then my nan had twins (my aunties) and now its in our generation to have another set.....and im the 3rd cousin to be pregnant out of 10 girls hahaha

ah interesting stuff ladies!
My OH's grandma is a twin so if the whole generation skipping is true then its one of him or his brothers to produce twins next... but probably no chance as they are all boys!

Dont think there are any twins on my side of the family... tut! i'd love twins...

Lolol I meant freaks of nature in the loveliest way! :kiss: Mine are identical :) can't wait! xxx

We have twins on both sides of the family and on mums side it was looking like me that would have the tiwns but we escaped so my poor sis is panicking now coz she's the only 1 in the family now that hasnt been pregnant lol

hehe it's okay kitty23! I was just messin with ya! :) Congrats on your identical twins!! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->