Abroad with a baby...Yay or nay?

sparkle_1979

Mum to Ruby born Oct 2009
Reaction score
I am thinking of taking my LO abroad this summer and she will be roughly 8 mths and have a few questions if anyone can help

Firstly would you recommend it, what was your experience?

Ruby is in a really good routine and goes down every night at 7, if your little one had a routine did you break this on holiday?

Also can anyone suggest a nice place to go with a baby? We like a nice beach that's not too packed, also like a bit of culture...somewhere like benidorm is my worst nightmare ( prob cause of a mad week in my early 20's that Im kinda ashamed of :wacko:) lol...

Thanks for reading

oh also we were thinking of Mexico...Is that just too far??

I didnt try it yet, but planning to go to turkey or Egypt in May. LO will be 6 mnths. My LO is also on a very good routine & I'm abit worried about it, but I think change is good.

Come here to Dubai- UAE :D It's not crowded in summer, but a bit hot & humid. there r very nice hotels & beaches, transportation is easy, & lots of interesting places. I think here they broke the record of having the largest, tallest, biggest, everything.. :)

It's very safe here & everything is handy, u dont need to worry about taking lots of formula, nappies, etc with u as everything is available in any hypermarket.

Were going to Portugal in May and he will be 7 Months old then, i think Mexico would be abit far 11 hours flight, maybe too much xxx

now I hae always wanted to go to Dubia, however I think I would possibly die in the heat!! :)

Hubby wanted us to move there last year for his work but I just couldnt stand the thought of being so hot all the time :(

now I hae always wanted to go to Dubia, however I think I would possibly die in the heat!! :)

Hubby wanted us to move there last year for his work but I just couldnt stand the thought of being so hot all the time :(

loooooool. Weather is mazing now. I walk my baby everyday. I live close to a lagoon & it's lovely. frm Nov. until early May weather is good :). I dont like cold weather, & I'm born here & spent all my life here, but still cant stand the hot summer, but I love Dubai winters.

I bet the winters are amazing and your life sounds lushhhhhh and maybe i was stilly not to move there, I mean there is that amazing thing called air con....:)

We took Arthur to California last month - he was 11 weeks old. He was utterly awesome on both 10 hour flights, but he's a good natured baby anyway.

I found that it took him roughly 3 nights to adapt well to the new timings. The first night was awful - midnight in San Fran, so we're knackered, but it's 8am in his little world so he was bang awake. However I was amazed at how quickly he adapted to night and day. So it set his sleeping back a little but not drastically and he was back in his normal routine within 5/6 days. It took him longer (10 days) to fully adapt when we got home.

I was amazed at how easy it is to travel with a baby, don't worry too much about it.

Finally, the one thing I didn't think about or plan for was the impact on my boobs :) I was feeding Arthur myself during the day (formula at night) before we left but my boobs got very confused by the time difference. Clearly they could have adapted with time but we chose to give Arthur more formula instead and it was the beginning of the end of breast feeding. I don't mind too much but regret not planning for it beforehand.

I bet the winters are amazing and your life sounds lushhhhhh and maybe i was stilly not to move there, I mean there is that amazing thing called air con....:)

looooool. Life here is convenient.

U can go to turkey. Amazing weather, & historical. I went there on my honeymoon 2 yrs back. Food is also sooo good :happydance: Antalia's beaches r sooo clean & nice.

Egypt is also nice, Cairo is historical & there r lots of activities & it's suitable for families with babies. there r lots of lovely resorts in Marina & it's on the Mediteranean (sp?) sea.

Yay we took Katie to Portugal at 2 months and are going again in April she will be 8 months.
We went out a few nights and stayed in a few nights and she was fine she slept better than she ever has at home on the nights out we stayed out until 9 or 10ish and she slept in the buggy we will do this again maybe even stay out a little later.
She slipped back into her routine fine when we got back I think she will be even better now as she will be more aware of her surroundings.
I think you should just do it and go and relax just follow her lead it will be a little different but you will have fun. x

Thanks everyone :)

We are going to do it I think!

Oh and egypt looks lovely, would love to go but going to save there until she is older and we can teach her about the pyramids ect xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"