Accuracy of gender detection from ultrasound

OKgirl

Reaction score
Anyone know how accurate the gender prediction is from your ultrasound? I had mine at 19 weeks. I looked on the internet but couldn't find any stats.
Thanks!

no idea, I think alot of it depends on the techs experience and the position of the baby

Honestly, I think in general it's pretty accurate. obviously it depends on the experience and skills of the sonographer so we have to take human error into consideration.

Like Blah said a lot of it depends on the skill of the sonographer so there really wouldnt be any stats to produce.

I do think ovarall they are pretty accurate they were right with my daughter! But obviously not all the time

Couldn't tell you. Hopefully they are high as I've got my detailed scan on Monday.

At my hospital they say it's 95% accurate - think that's partly so they don't get sued by someone who's been told the wrong thing! It saying on my notes that the gender has been determined with a level of 95% accuracy, it was pretty obvious that he's a he though x

at my second scan the woman told me that the gender thing is 80% so i guess it varies from hospital to hospital

Im not sure how accurate,but i think they wouldn't say unless they were pretty sure. With me they said they suspect its a girl, i suppose they cant guarantee it, but that was good enough for me.x

The lady who did my scan said that she doesn't tell people unless she's 98% certain......but as some others have said, I think a lot of it can be down to how experienced the sonographer is.

Im not sure how accurate,but i think they wouldn't say unless they were pretty sure. With me they said they suspect its a girl, i suppose they cant guarantee it, but that was good enough for me.x

My sonographer said this too - that he "suspects" its a girl and pointed out the 3 lines! I couldn't see past the tears (relief and joy) but hubby says the 3 lines were pretty damn clear and very obviously a girl!

xxx

Thanks all! Like melbo wrote in a more recent post, I get paranoid when then say " We can't be a 100% sure." Although she did point out the testicles, which I think is a dead giveaway. . . .:)

They dont tell you the gender here as they have been wrong and say that no one can read them 100% accurate. So I would be weary even if they hinted to me as some parents have gone ballistic at the hospital staff for buying wrong colours where I am so they stopped all the telling.

team yellow for me till the end. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->