• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

ache by armpit and lump in breast

M

Maman

i have an ache by my armpit and a lump in my breast, what could it be?

ive noticed its harder for my breastpump to get milk from this breast and my baby often gets annoyed on this breast too, is it a blocked duct? its nto red or hot

Blocked duct by the sounds of it. You will need to try and remove it.

Get baby to feed from that side often whilst massaging the affected area.

Hot compress before feeding, cold compress afterwards.

Get a savoy cabbage, wash it, remove the vein down the middle, scrunch it up then apply to the affected area.

cool, thanks will try this its not mega painful but its really annoying me

Ugh blocked ducts! I feel your pain!

My pump could never unclog them either. I just nurse and usually LO clears it out.

I have also occasionally asked my husband to help out because it was so sore I couldn't take it. Thankfully, he was willing to help. lol

I used to get blocked ducts all the time...they weren't red or anything, I could just feel them in there...best thing for them when I'd get them was trying to drain the breast and massaging them in a warm shower. I feeld your pain!

s it turns out my baby has oral thrush, hence why hes not been emptying my breasts and now i have mastitis.

i just used the manual pump rather than electric and its really helped a lot, i have medicine and so does joely

Sorry - hope you feel better soon! I had mastitis when my LO was 2 weeks old and it was horrible!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"