Aches and pains?

Brouwer

Reaction score
Does anyone else feel funny about seeing their gp about these pregnancy aches and pains? I have an appointment tonight, but I'm not looking forward to it as I feel like I'm being a hyperchondriac!! For the past month have have been having pain in my lower back on the left side, in my hip and in my left bum cheek and leg. I thought it was sciatica as it is something I have had before pre-pregnancy. On some days it's been so bad that DH has to help me up the stairs and into bed. Now I seem to be getting groin pain and pain around my pubic bone mostly on the left side. My friend had SPD and says it sounds similar to what she had.It hurts to get up out of a chair or out of bed, put trousers on, turn over in bed etc Trouble is it varies from day to day and I feel a bit silly rabbiting on to the doc "Well, the pian started here and felt like this, and sometimes it feels like that and now the pain is here...blah, blah,blah"

Anyone else feel like this?

What do you think- Sciatica, SPD or just normal aches and pains??

:shrug:

No help here sorry ..
but i have aches and pains and have for a couple of weeks now some days i dont get any and then others i have really bad trouble getting up and sitting down again :( and today iv had the worst pain ever but its gradually gone now i got told with me its just stretching from my midwife and from other people but i dont have a clue what you are going through maybe still stretching but it could be something else aswell
Btw i hate seeing my gp too about womens problems or anything like that there all men aswell so havent got a choice lol
hope everything is alright hunny
x

Well, went to see my gp who was really lovely about everything. She said that it sounds like I definitely have sciatica, but that I could also be getting the onset of SPD too and that both of these things are probably being exacerbated by my joint hypermobility.:nope: She is arranging for me to have some physio to determine exactly what is going on. I'm glad I decided to book an appointment now and pleased that she listened and took it seriously and didn't just pass it off as usual pregnancy aches and pains like I've heard on here of so many other GPs/MWs doing.

So for all you other ladies out there who are just trying to muddle through and don't want to bother anybody, my advice would be that if you have any concerns don't be afraid to see you GP-that's what they're there for afterall!:thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->