Achy hips anyone?

Belle30

Mummy to a baby boy
Reaction score
Hello

For the last few nights, I have woken up with really achy hips. It only goes away if I lie on my back, but I've been trying not to do that too much as all the books say that side-lying is better during pregnancy. They don't ache at all during the day. It's a dull ache and it feels like it's right in the joints. Anyone else?

xx

Yup thats me - I have been signed off work for 'pelvic girdle pain' and my hips can get quite bad. I have been referred to physio for it.

Unfortunately I have been like this for a good few weeks now and I still cant give you any advice as to how to help the pain as I havent found anything myself yet! :dohh:

I really hope it eases for you soon though, hun - I know its not nice! :hugs:

Yes and its so annoying.

Usually happens when im lying down, trying to get up and going up the stairs. My joints inbetween my legs are sore and ive noticed that my left hip cracks when I go up the stairs. Have to go to the doctors this week, thinking of it.

hope your feeling better soon

xox

me too....it's the tail bone or hip bone or whatever...i feel that yoga and excercise realllly help ease the pain

Well its nice to know i'm not alone and suffering. i often wake up in the night in absolute agony and its like i'm frozen in one position. The pain is not nice and makes it hard to move into another position. Its all concentrated around my hips and lower back. I had spd with DS but not this early on.

hey yeah i had this! But its gotten much worse now.. and now its too severe to do much. And sleeping is sore if the mattress isnt right, try putting a pillow under your side.. so its down your side from your boobs to your hip.. it helped me sometimes, but not all the time!

yep i have always had bad hips (hypermobility) so mine have been killing me. they have been a bit better since i got a body pillow.

I'm definitely going to invest in a body pillow - my hips ached so bad in bed last time round and they have started to hurt again this time.

Just my left hip. And it's worse now that I can only sleep on my side! I try to sleep on my right more often but my hands fall asleep so I have to switch.

yeah i have this, its really painful isnt it. I've brought one of those DreamGeni pillows and thats stopped me from lying on my back a lot more. I've also read that putting a piece of foam underneath your sheets but above your mattress helps. The advice was on Babycentre.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->