Acid reflux is melting me !

cherryness

Reaction score
I feel like im taking gaviscon so much nowadays. I forgot that eating an orange would be a very bad idea... too late now i guess as im suffering the consequences. I dont feel like eating anything at all. My stomach literally feels on FIRE! gaviscon doesnt seem to help ... lasted for a bout 1/2 hour and now im back to feeling rubbish again..

Doesnt help iv had a pounding headache all day. Bleh. Pregnancy is whipping my ass. Little one is kicking away happily as if nothing is wrong lol!

Milk seems to help my heartburn more than gaviscon does. Have a glass straight after your meals. I find my acid reflux is worse if I have an empty stomach so you might find if you eat more it will be a bit better, just try to avoid acidy/spicy food. I feel your pain though :hugs:

I get bad heartburn if I don't watch what I eat- or how often I eat. I have to eat every 2-3hrs and not TOO much, or else I pay the price! lol. But I've found that Papaya pills and tums are the only thing that helps when it's bad...

I feel your pain hun. I'm sorry your tummy is not happy! Hope it's better soon!!! :hugs:

omg I'm really suffering with this too, I get it quite bad anyway but in the last 3 weeks or so it's been awful. I agree with the milk thing, if I've run out of rennies it's a lifesaver!!

Just had a glass of milk and its sort of helped a bit :D at least i feel a lot better than i did. stomach still feels a bit burny but at least the acid reflux has settled. Iv also invested in a bottle of the double action stuff that actually has antiacid stuff in it. the original gaviscon just sits on top of the stomach contents apparently and stops the acid reflux part but doesnt actually counteract the acid. Hopefully this new stuff will work wonders after iv let my stomach digest a bit after dinner...

I have acid reflux already :( I had heartburn with amelie very late on in preg but this time it came early first tri. I think its reflux anyway. It feels like heartburn but more in my chest than the sicky feeling in my throat.

Blah - I got it early in first tri, although it did disappear for a while and has just made a reappearance this week, so maybe you might get a break from it soon!

aww I feel your pain some days its so bad others nothing at all, stock up on some natural yoghurt or some milk before or after meals and try to eat very small meals every few hours seem to help me. Also I find keeping my self upright for half hour after food helps too so no late night snacking im afraid boo!!!

I feel ya, I get suffer with this teriably at night, the burning feel is unreal and feels so painful that it can make me close to tears.

Yeah its rubbish - culprits so far are pizza (boo i totally loved this before being pregnant) , tomato pasta sauces, anything tomatoey infact, oranges, orange juice, too much potatoes (a strange one but true), white pastas (now onto wholemeal pasta that seems to have helped). And now the milk has worn off... and im yet to have dinner. :cry: so now i have to try eat something while feeling rubbish as I dont think it'd be a good idea to take antiacid before eating? :(

I've been suffering majorly too for weeks. Feel like I should have shares in Gaviscon! I was getting fed up with taking so many gaviscon tabs and spoonfuls of liquid so asked my obstetrician and was told to get ranitidine from my GP. It's a tablet to take once a day and totally sorts it out. If you've had enough of it may be worth asking your GP for this or something similar.

I've been getting a bit of minor acid reflux too. For me I find sugary foods and breads make it worse. Raw fruits and veggies always seems to make it better. I find just eating a stick of celery helps oddly enough. If that fails, I take a couple Tums :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->