Acid reflux this early?!

mummytobe_93

Reaction score
I am 9-10 weeks with my second baby.
With my daughter I didn't start getting acid reflux until I was maybe 22 weeks if not further along and it was horrendous by 30 weeks made me throw up all the time. I was obviously getting it then because the baby and my uterus was pushing my stomach and all of my other organs up etc so why am I getting it so early now? Like what is the reason, is it hormonal?

Just interested in the reasoning behind it. It isn't heart burn it is acid reflux because it feels like everything is coming back up and burning sorry tmi.
Thanks

Heart burn and reflux are part of the same thing, the heart burn is just when it's lower down and reflux is when the acid comes up into your throat.

Heartburn/reflux in the latter part of the first trimester is pretty common and the only explanation I've had has been progesterone elevation. I guess it pretty much wreaks havoc with your whole digestive system (constipation, gas, indigestion, acid reflux etc). I don't find that a very satisfying answer either but it's the best I've found so far, hopefully someone else has more info!

Milk of magnesia has saved my life, and keeping my carbs and proteins balanced seems to keep it under control.

I've had it in and off since week 5 so I feel your pain! Haha :flower:

I've had it since week 4 and its a nightmare is burns like hell and everything feels like it's coming back up i drink a lot of milk which soothes it but then it comes back again it's worse at night :( xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->