"Act as if you're already pregnant"

dimmu

Reaction score
Hi,
I'm new here so apologies if this has already been discussed to death!

Just wondering how strictly do you follow the above advice? This is my 2nd month TTC and I'm currently on my TWW. I am not a big drinker anyway but I do enjoy the occasional glass of wine. I haven't had any though since the beginning of my fertile days, with the expection of one small cheeky shandy, and don't plan to have any until (when/if) AF arrives.
I am, however, still buying my take away latte every morning on my way to work, and not planning to cut down any food such as soft cheese.

When I got preggers with my daughter 5+ years ago it was unplanned and I carried on drinking and everything until I realised I was expecting. It was around New Year's so I drank much more than I usually would, thankfully she was fine.

How about you, do you follow the pregnancy diet when TTC? Just wondering if I should give up my latte now.. :sad1:

A latte a day is okay anyway, even if you are pregnant! My midwife said one cup a day is fine. :)

It depends on how much caffeine is in it. I've read that more the 200mg of caffeine a day (for a normal sized women in perfect health) can double your chances of miscarriage. I cut straight to decaffeinated as soon as I found out I was pregnant. Depends on your doctor and your specific health, I would consult a doctor or midwife.

Thank you both.

Hmmm not quite sure how much caffeine there is in Caffe Nero regular latte. Not quite ready to swap it for Nescafe at this stage, maybe I'll just get a small latte instead to be safe.

I treat my body like I am already pregnant , I dont drink, I stay away from toxins and I dont eat alot of fish, I have about 60mg of caffiene in the morning (one scoop of instant nescafe) with my whey protein, I take 2000mcg of folate a day along with my prenatal , ubiqinol and pqq. on special occasions I might have a sip of DH wine.

I'm on decaff purely because of bad UTI's, I don't want anything setting another off (caffeine seems to).. If I didn't suffer with that recurring problem, I'd still have a cup a day. :)

I don't take it that seriously. My friends sister is a fertility dr and she has said not to stress that much about it. She said a cup or two of coffee a day is fine even while pregnant , and she even said that if you are drinking a glass or two of an alcoholic beverage a couple times a week it isn't a big deal in the first few weeks because the fetus is protected by the sac for the first 8 weeks or so. Do I advocate drinking while pregnant, no. But until I get a BFP I am not going to worry about it. Too much stress is bad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->