Active group of Military Spouses, Girlfriends, and Fiances TTC

familyready

Reaction score
Hello Everyone! I know that there are not a lot of active groups out there for Military spouses, girlfriends or fiancee's who are trying to conceive!! I thought this would be a great way to find support, especially when dealing with tricare.

Any way introduce yourself, and what branch you are attached to, and where you are stationed, How long you have been TTC, and if you are getting fertility treatment.

Looking forward to talking with some of you out there!

And if some of you are up to it we can keep a running list of test dates, and test results!

I will Start

My name is Brittany, I am married to the US Air Force, We have been trying for 13 months, with 2 miscarriages. I am starting a round of Clomid Next month, Hopefully we get lucky!

Hi! This is great. I keep joining the many military threads on here only to discover they are dead :nope:

Anyway, my name is Helena. Virtually every male in my family has or is in the military, so I am or have been attached to every branch except for the Air Force! I grew up as an Army Brat :D

I met my husband when I was applying for commissioning with the Navy. He saved me from that fate! lol. So currently I am attached to the Navy as my husband has been in for 6.5 years. He is now going through a commissioning program and will start flight school next year. We have yet to be stationed anywhere due to his schooling - we met in Oklahoma and that's where we'll be until at least fall of next year, when we go to Pensacola.

We've been TTC for only 2 cycles. We are newbs. This is our third cycle :)

Sorry for your losses, Brittany :( It seems we may have recently had a miscarriage as well. I have been waiting to hear back from the Dr's office. Military doctors have such inconvenient hours! I missed their call this morning but can call them back tomorrow.

Oh, you never said where you are stationed!

I am At FE Warren in cheyenne, WY but I meet my husband when we enlisted, at MEPS, I served a year and got out, But I was stationed prior to where i am At Tinker in OKC, OK

Well he's placed with the ROTC unit while he's going through school. He had a choice of doing ROTC or OCS after graduation so he picked the former.

does he like it??? will he go to formal Training for his branch at all?

You mean like boot camp? He went through that back when he enlisted in 2004. He went on two deployments before he applied for a program called STA-21 that puts him through school. He'll still have to go through flight school later. He'll be in until 2024 as a naval aviator...

But as for ROTC, I don't think he likes it. There's a bunch of BS that goes on. plus he's 27 and aside from the few other active duty guys that are are in the same program as he is, they are all young midshipman. 18-22 years. It annoys him lol.

What does your husband do in the AF? How did you manage to get out after 1 year?

I had seperation anxiety from my husband, so they let me out which was amazing!!!! But Yeah i can understand dealing with younger guys!

aww I am glad they let you out. I wonder if they would lead my DH out for me having anxiety? hahaha.

I sometimes regret not enlisting or commissioning - I got pulled by an Officer recruiter while I was about to sign my life away at MEPS, so I came really really close. It seems like it would have been a great experience. But at the same time I like where we are at now. It would be so hard to keep this marriage going if both of us were in.

It is very hard, I loved my job and serving my country, but I am with you I like where we are right now. We can not wait to make our family grow.

Awesome!

I'm Jenn and married to the US Army. DH and I have been TTC for 2 months now. He just returned home from a year long deployment in Iraq so we had a slight wait but now we are back at it! Hoping for our BFP this APRIL!!!

DH is in the guard for the next 3 years so we are in our original hometown of New Orleans. He will be transferring over to AD after his contract with the guard is up.

Hey Jenn! I have an aunt married to the Army. Where are you guys hoping to go when he goes AD and congrats on your hubby coming home safe!! That is always the best gift of them all!

Hi, I'm Sacha married to Navy. Stationed in Hawaii for the last year and will be here for at least two more. Suffered a m/c in Dec and was trying to conceive for past two months but now will probably wait until closer to Dec since he is set to deploy then and don't want him to miss the birth. Glad to have found this thread!

Hey Jenn! I have an aunt married to the Army. Where are you guys hoping to go when he goes AD and congrats on your hubby coming home safe!! That is always the best gift of them all!

Yeah it has its ups and downs. Everything is HURRY UP AND WAIT! with the army. Lol as I'm sure it's like that with other branches.
We haven't really discussed where we'd like to be stationed. My bestfriend and her husband were just recently stationed in Hawaii so that would kind of be ideal, lol. But who knows, where ever the army tells us to go. :)

My name is Tanya I am married to a seabee (navy) we have been married for a year (well itll be a year in about 2 weeks lol)..we met online at a penpal website I actually started talking to him because he said he was married (didnt last long) and I was just looking for a friend lol well 6 years later and that obviously didnt work out but Im glad

I moved to Virginia from Illinois (DH is from IL too) about a year ago. A month after I moved here and 9 days after we got married he was deployed he got back in November and is due to leave again in August but then we will be in Mississippi.

We have been TTC for what feels like forever but I really dont know the exact date...DH just had a SA done and I have an appt for a pap on the 12th I am going to tell the doctor we are TTC and hope she points me in the right direction. I am so happy to see there are other military wives here :)

My DH was stationed in Hawaii for two or three years as well! But that was before he met me It's likely we'll get stationed there again.

How do you like it, ditogirl? I am not a big fan of beaches but the wildlife sounds amazing :D

I have a question for you guys.

I dunno if any of you have had kids before (doesn't sound like it, but mayeb you know someone who has..) and attempted to give a homebirth? There is absolutely no way I will go to the hospital. You couldn't pay me to do it. But from what I've read about Tricare, they don't make it easy for you to do it at home - even though it's so much cheaper! For one, I'd have to switch from Tricare Prime to Standard. But then it also sounds like they make you pay the midwife out of pocket and then reimburse you (probably only partially).

This is really infuriating to me. Women should be in control of the birthing process!

So does anyone know anything about this???

Well, honestly I love it here. I love how laid back it generally is. Especially since we got to live on the Marine base which is away from the city. Then again I love the beach and hiking and anything that has to do with outdoors.

Now when it comes to a home birth. I don't think it's for me but what I do know is that I won't be giving birth at the military hospital here. Sad to say but the service is terrible and it's over 30 minutes away. I'm going to switch to Standard as soon as I get pregnant. Which btw got a faint positive today so keeping my fingers crossed!

FOR REALZ???? Every part of my body is crossed for you! haha :dance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->