Actively Trying since April to Waiting until 2011...

sarah1989

Reaction score
Hey Everyone, I am downgrading to WTT. My FH and I have been actively trying to conceive since Early April 2008 without success. Our wedding is planned for August 15th, 2009 so we have now completely changed our plans and are waiting until January 2011 ish to try again. Anyone else in the same boat??

Awww hunny :hugs:

I am not in the same boat but I am wanting to try and hubby is wanting to wait. I still dont know what for as we have been married nearly 7 and been together nearly 10. I just have to stay patient now. I think we will be trying around about 2011, he did say that if I get fit and healthy we can try next year but that is looking more and more doubtful as I am setting up another business within the next 6 months hopefully. We also need to move house and now we are thinking of building one so that will put it a couple of years back from when we decide fully on what we are doing. I have to get a business up and running as I am going to be the bread winner and he is going to be a stay at home dad. We decided this when we first got together so I need to set this part of my business up and am feeling rather stressed with it all.

I'm waiting for different reasons but i also have quite a while to wait. July 2010 i'm waiting until :(

Hubby and I have been TTC for a few months now. It is the opposite situation with us, hubby really wants to start a family now I however suffer from tokophobia (fear of pregnancy and childbirth) the idea was to just go for it and i'd have to deal with it when it happened, I really would like to have a family. Unfortunatly after 3 months i need a break so i'm putting it off for a while, i just cant do it :cry:

I'm in a simular situation with different reasons. We thought I was pregnant in May, then when I found out I wasn't, he asked if we could wait til September to try. September came and he freaked out, so we decided to wait til December. We currently are having problems with our house that are going to eat up all of our savings, so we are waiting til spring '10. I hope it will happen sooner, but I am also not getting my hopes up about it.

Enjoy planning your wedding. It was such a fun time for me.

I just wanted to say that I don't think you should see it as a "downgrade" ... just a "change of plans."

Nothing wrong with waiting until the time is right for both of you!! Good luck :)

Hi Sarah, I'm not in your position now but I was. I've been wanting a baby since 2004, DH wanted to wait until we were married - we were married in 2007 and came off my pills and was all set to try immediately and then
DH wanted to wait another year - a year passed and he wanted to wait another 4 months until we had X amount of money saved. It broke my heart, year after year of seeing our friends get pregnant, first with baby #1, then baby #2 and is some cases baby #3, then going to baby showers, only to come home from those same showers in complete tears.

Finally, 4 years later and 8 weeks shy of being 31 years old, we are trying for baby #1.

So I totally empathisize with Sarah and the rest of you ladies. :hugs:

I hope your time goes by quickly. xx

Hi Welcome to the WTT section :)
I'm kinda in the same boat. As I have no partner right now, and I have recently had implant fitted and I have 2 years and 10 months left for that to come out. Plus I plan to do an access course and go into uni. So yeah I think I've got atleast 5 year wait under my belt pfffft.

Hey girl, i'm in the same situation it's kind of sucky I know. I've wanted a baby ever since I thought i was pregnant but wasn't. I'm in my third year university and have 2 years left. So me and my husband are starting to try until 2010. Its hard being paitent; however i've created a baby box in which I buy sleepers, blankets and booties and looking at those things makes being paitent easier. Best of Luck to everyone!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->