Actual Image of Cough Syrup w/ Guaifenesin as only active ingredient

BabyDreams123

Reaction score
I went to my local drug store (Walgreens to be specific) and I found this cough syrup (the Walgreens brand). I looked for the Robitussin brand name specifically, but found that they all had at least one or two other "active" ingredients. So, here you go and I hope that these images help a little.

Attachments

• get-attachment-3.jpg
    get-attachment-3.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 18
  • get-attachment-5.jpg
    get-attachment-5.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 17
  • get-attachment-4.jpg
    get-attachment-4.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 8
Robitussin works on the cervical mucus and increases your chances of getting pregnant

Robitussin is a popular brand of cough syrup and it might be surprising to consider its relation with fertility. But the fact is that this expectorant is used to loosen and thin mucus of a different kind too, called cervical mucus, in women. Robitussin is only a specific brand and any expectorant that contains guaifenesin as the only active ingredient can be used in its place. Generic versions are most likely available as well. Be sure to carefully inspect the ingredients list to make sure the ONLY active ingredient as guaifenesin. Any other ingredients can diminish the effect you are looking for.
What is the recommended dose of Robitussin?

The recommended dose for improving cervical mucus is two teaspoons (200 mg) taken orally three times per day. Recommended dosage is two teaspoons (200 mg) taken orally three times per day. If mucus still appears thick, you can take as the maximum dosage as listed on the label of the cough medicine. Water intake should be increased to encourage cervical mucus production and a full glass should take with each dose of guaifenesin.

If you re taking Clomid (clomiphene citrate, Serophene) as an ovulation inductor, it may help to know that it can cause hostile mucus in 30 percent or more of women using it. Higher doses of Clomid tend to be more associated with less cervical fluid and a thinner uterine lining, than the 50 mg dose and Robitussin can help to reverse this.
What cycle days should I take Robitussin?

Most doctors suggest taking Robitussin five days before and including the day of ovulation for a total of 6 days during your cycle.This helps provide the optimal environment to help the sperm survive and get to where they need to go.If you take Clomid, waiting until the day after the last Clomid pill is taken before starting Robitussin is suggested.
Is Robitussin available in pill form?

Guaifenesin is also available in pill format, but this format usually requires a Doctor’s prescription. The actual cost of the pill format can be less expensive than the OTC liquid format but when you figure in the cost of the doctor’s visit, there may not me much of a savings.

I really appreciate you posting this!!! The :witch: got me yesterday and I'm trying to focus on this cycle and what things I want to do to help get a :bfp:

Thank you!!!!

Can you do this along with grapefruit juice????

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->