Actually Annoyed :|

JessicaAnne

Mama.
Reaction score
Okay so ive got my scan on the 29th ( Yay :D )
but alot of people said they dont tell you the sex where i live ( when the time comes), so i asked my midwife and she said they didnt either, i got my sister to ask today at her scan and they dont. Which means ive got to go private, which is going to cost a fair amount . I personally think this is totally unfair!

A lot of the time they dont tell you because in certain countries\religions\family traditions babies are terminated because they are the 'wrong' sex.

Team Yellow isnt so bad, it adds to the surprise

V xxxx

That would drive me nuts!!!
Where do you live? (Just curious)

Also that's horrible they would be terminated just because it's the wrong sex!
You don't even find out til usually 15+ weeks.. I didn't think most places would still do it that far..:nope:

That sucks though you couldn't just find out at the doctors!

We're in Luton and it's just the same here .... it's not the hospital itself that makes the rules, it's a local bylaw, so we don't even have a private clinic in the town :dohh:

I'm not sure where you are but if it's near me then we found a private clinic in St Albans which wasn't too expensive (£75).

It was the same here in bradford til not long ago.. My mum wasnt able to find out wiv me or my lil brother.. The terminating thing is correct. They dont like it to be a girl.. Sad but true. Where are you btw?x

Where abouts do you live? And I went to BabyBond last week, it was £79 for a gender scan, but there are other places that do it cheaper I think x

That is abit rubbish, I ended up having a private scan as the sonographer said she couldnt be sure, only cost me £50 and got about 9 pics

x

it's not like you need to know.... you just want to.... in that case theres nothing unfair about having to pay for it

it's not like you need to know.... you just want to.... in that case theres nothing unfair about having to pay for it

I see what you're saying Sara, but I think what irritates people in the UK about it is that we're all covered by the same Health Service but that different areas have different rules. If it was the same for absolutely everyone, no matter where they live, I don't think people would mind :)

I see what you're saying Sara, but I think what irritates people in the UK about it is that we're all covered by the same Health Service but that different areas have different rules. If it was the same for absolutely everyone, no matter where they live, I don't think people would mind :)

I agree- the city next to me doesnt tell you, but yet we are covered by nhs scotland.

stupid!

But to the OP - theres no guarantee you'd be told anyay - i was allowed to be told but they couldnt tell because of bubz position.

In the end i had to go private anyway - lets just say im glad i did - so much better experience you wont forget and you wont be rushed out the door!

I agree, I mean if they were not telling ANYONE, ANYWHERE that is covered by the NHS the gender, it'd be different, but it is frustrating that in one city it's one way and one town over your friend has it the other way-- it goes the same way here; they would have told me the sex (her legs were in the way though and I found out at my 4D ultrasound later) but they don't tell anyone the sex at my boyfriend's cousin's hospital, only a couple of hours away :wacko:

when i asked to know the sex they told me that they could still tell me but that the nhs are currently trying to make it a blanket rule in the whole of the UK to not tell people.

when we were told she gave us this big speech about how the hospital can only say its 95% correct and they arent liable if they are wrong!

when i asked to know the sex they told me that they could still tell me but that the nhs are currently trying to make it a blanket rule in the whole of the UK to not tell people.

when we were told she gave us this big speech about how the hospital can only say its 95% correct and they arent liable if they are wrong!

I can imagine someone trying to sue if the hosp got it wrong, were theres a blame theres a claim!

whole point of scan is to check baby not for sexing. Thats just a bonus

yes, i agree, its a bonus :thumbup:

But there needs to be a blanket rule, for sure. Its rather unfair for those who do want to know!

Like i said though, theres no guarantee they can tell you anyway!

I made a post in early december, titled "Actually Annoyed :|" and i didnt reply, because i was off the net for a while, so i thought i would now.

for all you girls that asked where i'm from, i live in Luton.
Team yellow would be great... if there was plenty of unisex stuff about nowadays!

Sara420, I know i dont need to know, i just think its not very fair because like other girls have said it doesnt apply to the whole UK.

Good news is my mum wants to pay half :)

I've got it booked for the 26th of this month :D

Even better news is if they cant tell i get a free rescan!

Anyway, I hope everyone's all well and good and are havin a great 2010 so far!

Thank you for the quotation ( sorry if thats spelt wrong ) annawrigley :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->