Acupuncture and traditional chinese medicineafter failed IUI

pragya

Reaction score
Hiiii all,

Me 28 and hubby 31 have bben ttc over 17 months now. Last month I had my first IUI done. It failed and I m devastated. :'(
Has anyone tried acupuncture for treating infertility ? I have my first appointment with my acupuncturist on Monday.
I am sorry if this has already been discussed before.
Any suggestions and success stories are welcome.

I am currently doing acupuncture. But my story is different from yours. I came off BC in April and had no period until end of August. I started Acupuncture early August and also herbs that she recommended. I know she treats a lot of IVF patients and has a high success rate. Overall, I do feel better, my headaches are gone and I feel less stressed.

Great to know that u r benefitting from it. I am too looking forward to my first session on Monday.

I decided to give acupuncture a go. On my first session she was shocked at the size of my tongue apparently I have a poor spline function.

She was concerned about that and that the toxins are polluting my womb . This makes sense as I have fibriods.

Let us know how your first session goes

Ok. I would love to hear how you been feeling after it.
Has it benefitted you? How long have you been taking it?

Thanks!

I have had one session due to my schedule being maxed. To be honest I felt sleepy afterwards I felt less tense. I am going to do it every other day soon as I have some work holiday coming up and will let you know on here how I feel each day .

When the needles went in my stomach was so sensitive to it and she said that it was not common to feel it there its normally the hands and feet.

Hi Bordeaux ,

I had my first acupuncture yesterday. It was really very good and I had a good sleep last night. The doc has given me herbal medicines for 5 days. I have my 2nd appointment next week. At some points I was also given a mild current for stimulation. I am excited :)

I've only been TTC for 7mos., but I am starting acupuncture this week. At this point I have to say I have unexplained infertility, but we haven't gone through all the hoops yet, but I wanted something at least to help me relax with the whole baby making process. I was supposed to start treatments last week, but I had a cold, so she said we couldn't start, but she did treat the cold. I have to say it worked great just for that! I haven't had to take any cold medication since my appointment. My acupuncturist has had a high success rate, so I'm very hopeful. Good luck to you!

Dear Jenn08 ,

That's nice that you are finding it great. I too had a wonderful experience yesterday. Very excited for the next appointment . :)
Keep us posted how it went for you.

Good luck!!

Hey Ladies

I just started acupuncture yesterday and I felt FANTASTIC after my first session. I have another two more sessions coming up and am so looking forward to them.

I am not having IVF or anything like that but have decided to do this just to help manage stress and get my energy flow back to normal. LTTTC has been so stressful and I am so glad that I decided to do this.

Hope everyone else's experiences are as helpful.

Hi myshelong,

Same is with me..ttc has been very stressful so we wanted to take a break and concentrate on general well being .. I am loving it. :)
I am really waiting for my next appointment . I am also taking chinese herbs as medicine.

Good luck!!

Yes mine gave me special tea to help my spleen function . I followed up with a recent cleanse weekend . Feeling so good , yoga each morning and evening when stressed. After a while ttc it feels good to focus on general wellbeing

Hi all,

Just wanted to follow up, I had another acupuncture appt today. It went well again! I feel great and she gave me some herbs to take twice a day. Although, I took my first dose of the herbs this evening....wow...they are...different tasting...I recommend chasing it with something. Hopefully they work better than they taste!

Hi all,

Just wanted to follow up, I had another acupuncture appt today. It went well again! I feel great and she gave me some herbs to take twice a day. Although, I took my first dose of the herbs this evening....wow...they are...different tasting...I recommend chasing it with something. Hopefully they work better than they taste!

I laughed when I saw your comment that the herbs were different tasting. The one I was given is based on cinnamon twig and it taste like gravy granules . I tried to match it with different taste the best was peppermint.

Hope its worth it

Hi all,

Hahahaha lolz.

Yeah I too find it bad but manageable. Twice a day , I hold my breath and somehow take those herbs in. I am feeling more energetic, fresh and able to sleep better. How r u feeling?
Hi all,

I laughed when I saw your comment that the herbs were different tasting. The one I was given is based on cinnamon twig and it taste like gravy granules . I tried to match it with different taste the best was peppermint.

Hope its worth it

Bordeux-I too got the one that smells good, like you said cinnamon sticks, but it tastes like dirt (not that Ive ever tried it). Hopefully they will give me something a little more palatable next time...Although it does taste 1000 times better than the geritol tonic I took. wow that almost made me barf...

Pragya-Well, I slept great last night, and after this morning's dose I feel like I have more energy, so far so good!

Jenn08,

Good yeah.l, I am feeling lighter and more energetic.. So far so good. :)
Looking forward to tomorrow's appointment

I started acupuncture for the first time last week...I will go once a week for a while....I've been ttc for 2 years and 8 months...had 5 m/c's...I need all the help I can get. After my first session I felt really relaxed and sleepy 💤

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->