Acupuncture anyone?

aflight84

Mummy to a princess x
Reaction score
Hey Girlies,
I was just wondering if anyone of you has tried acupuncture to help you concieve?
A friend of mine just told me today it's what helped her the first time and she is just about to start it again to help with her second
I'm seriously contemplating it!

I've not heard anything about it but anythings worth a try! I've also read that reflexology is meant to be good but dont know anyone personally that's used it successfully or not!

Will be watching this thread with interest tho :)

well if i decide to try it i'll keep you posted. i've posted a question in the first tri page int he hope someone pregnant will have got that way with help so lets wait and see!

I tried it for my first IUI (done without meds). No luck but I've heard others have had success.
I think it helps with stress levels and that can't be a bad thing.
Good luck!

I currently go every week, to help with the pcos, regulating cycles, increasing blood flow to the uterus, and draining/removing stagnate fluid around the body. Been going for about 6 wks now and I've found it to be wonderful, it's really relaxing and I leave the sessions feeling really positive that I'm doing everything I can to help get a sticky bfp.
You need to make sure you see someone who has experience with fertility issues though, there are certain points that are dangerous to use depending on where you are in your cycle and if they arn't aware of these, they could quite easily do more harm then good.

I'll let you know how this cycle goes as it will be my first full proper cycle after my m/c.

I've heard it's great for destressing and relaxation, as mentioned above.

My Uncle's girlfriend had acupuncture during IVF. She's due to give birth to her daughter in 2 and a half months :D

It seems to have worked for many. So if you are in a position to have, it could help.

And as Kota says, make sure they are experienced in fertility.

Good luck and keep us posted if you do go for it :)

Ah thanks girls, well i'm doing my research at the moment but as you say it is expensive so i'm going to have to seriously have a think but if it will help then maybe i'll have to put my savings to good use!

My sister in law had several failed IVF's and on her most recent IVF cycle she went and got acupunture the day before the egg transfer and did get her bfp that cycle (believe it was either IVF #5 or #6) and she had not done the accupunture on any previous IVF tries. She is about to start trying for more babies via IVF and is DEFINITLY going to do the accupunture again as she believes it really did help.

Good luck to you. My cousin is an accupunturist and she told me the thinking behind it (you probably already saw in your research) is that it increases blood flow in the body which is a better environment for the eggies to attach, ect.

I love acupuncture, its worth a try. I've been going to a fertility acupuncture specilist, got so much advise from them too.

I wonder when's the best time in your cycle to have it done???

I'm going to try it (hopefully next week!) in an effort to trigger draining & regulate my hormones. xx

I wonder when's the best time in your cycle to have it done???

It can depend, my guy suggests that it should be a weekly thing as the points change depending on where you are in the cycle. certain things leading up to and right before OV, other points in the 2 wks after (based on a 'normal' cycle) hence why it can end up so expensive at £35/£40 a pop.

Hi Anna, I've definitely considered it too. It's hard to get past the vision of all those tiny needles, but I've heard good things about it. I may try it when I start taking Clomid next cycle.

I have not tried it yet, but am definitely thinking of doing it b/c it did help a friend of a friend who ended up getting her :bfp: after several years of unsuccessful fertility treatments.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->