Acupuncture, fertility and meat..

Savasanna

Reaction score
Hi all - So, quick background: My wife and I have been ttc for 13 months using both fresh and frozen donor sperm, both ICI and IUI.

Not too long ago I started seeing an acupuncturist. At my appointment today she recommended I start eating meat again (I eat fish but have otherwise been meat free for almost 4 years) in order to build up my blood. I've done a little research and found this is a common recommendation within the world of Chinese medicine - but am unsure how this fits into my life. I'm not opposed to it, necessarily.. but am a little. I mean - I made the decision to stop eating meat for a reason, so I obviously care a little. Plus, I'm skeptical about the necessity of meat in the human diet (read: I'm not judging people who eat meat - but I don't think the human body NEEDS it). I'm nowhere near a nutritionist, but I would say a pretty healthy vegetarian and always try to find recipes that balance my proteins, grains and fats. But at the same time, I'm trying everything else so why wouldn't I try this as well?

I'm just curious if there are any other veggies out there that have an opinion on this. :wacko:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->