Acupuncture for shortening cervix

Tazi88

Reaction score
At 24 weeks I started having frequent and strong Braxton Hicks. When I seen at the hospital my cervix was down to 13.5mm. I was given progesterone and the steroid shots to prime little mans lungs and kept in the hospital for 5 days. At the end of 5 days they told me they thought it was too risky to place a stitch so late and to go home and wait for active labor which they felt would be imminent as my cervix was at 8mm. I was completely terrified and started googling like a mad woman for any other alternatives. I found a scientific paper written which discusses the successful use of acupuncture in women experiencing preterm labor/shortening cervix. I then found a woman in Plymouth, UK who is a midwife and an acupuncturist who has a clinic at the Derriford hospital. So in the car we got as I felt I had nothing to lose. That was last week and after 5 days worth of being a human pin cushion my contractions have lessened in both intensity and frequency. I just thought I'd share for all those women who might be looking for something else you can try to stop preterm labor. If you do choose to try acupuncture make sure it is with someone who is experienced in obstetric acupuncture and has stopped preterm labor before as it's fairly different from inducing labor which is what acupunture is more commonly used for. So here's to reaching 26w + 5D!

Thats a real glad news tazi! & thanks for educating us!! you did a great job by finding an accpunturist & got the pre term labour under control:thumbup:. May we all bake it & make it till term:hugs:!

Haha I love it - "bake it and make it to term" I want the T-shirt :happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"