Acupuncture?

AmySan

Reaction score
Hi ladies! Onto cycle 3 of TTC now - Feeling hopeful, yet frustrated, not as easy as before my MC to conceive - and different guy, slightly older - (Great thing of course, ex was a horrible pathological liar) But I was thinking of trying acupuncture next cycle if we don't get a bfp this one - has anyone used this before, and had good results? We can't/shouldn't do a fertility appt with my OB until after 6 cycles of trying, but I want to do everything we can - we are using OPKs and pre-seed - any suggestions?

Would love to hear both positive and negative stories with acupuncture while TTC.

Thank you! :) :hugs:

I can't say if it helps, but I was using it when ttc #1. If you go to someone who deals with fertility they are usually very knowledgeable on supplements to help and what food you should be eating etc. supposedly acupuncture brings blood flow to the ovaries and uterus. I will say that I originally went for extremely heavy periods and after 4 sessions I had a totally normal flow period. I was shocked. I was just about to start again as this is also cycle 3 for us, but I just lost my babysitter so I'll have to put it off for a bit. It's worth a try!!

I tried for several months going weekly, all I got from it was longer cycles and less money :(
Since stopping I've become more regular and slowly getting more money in my account.

Thanks ladies!!

I scheduled an appt for the 15th of Feb, which technically will be after I ovulate probably, but I guess it can't hurt...I don't have the time or personal cash flow (BF does and doesn't seem too into the whole acupuncture idea lol) but will give it a shot once and see how it goes...hopefully it won't make my cycles longer too, that is amazing it can change your body that much though! Very interesting!! I'm also going to go for chrionic pain, so will kindof make it a double whammy trip, if nothing else, maybe it will help with that! :shrug::flower:

Let us know how it goes! Once my cycle gets straightened out I might do acupuncture. My boss was telling me about a woman she knew that did it after years of having trouble conceiving and she went for acupuncture and conceived and went back before conceiving with her second! Can't hurt, I say! Good Luck!

Thank you!! I definitely will keep you all posted!! If I get pregnant this cycle, I am sure I will attribute some of it to the acupuncture, post ovulation or not lol

I have been getting acupuncture treatment since 1.5 months and have been seeing improvements in my health and cycles (this will be my 3rd cycle). I see an acupuncturist who is qualified as an MD and also specializes in acupuncture & TCM. Acupuncture and TCM go hand in hand. This doc specializes in infertility and prepared a specific treatment plan for infertility patients. As someone pointed out it is very important to find acupuncturist who specializes in 'infertility.' The doc introduced me to another patient who TTC # 1 for many years and resorted to acupuncture and had her son. She returned to acupuncture for # 2 and after 3 months she is pregnant again. It is completely safe and the needles do not hurt.
The treatment plan my acupuncturist created goes like this: 3 treatment/ week (at least 7) in month # 1. 2 treatment/week in month # 2 (at least 7 treatments). 1 treatment/week in month # 3 (at least 4 treatments). The clinic has had about 80% success rate and has produced 250+ babies until now. Recently, I got to know that 3 more ladies are pregnant after 3-4 months. I wrote this down to provide a perspective. Again, all clinics may not follow the same treatment plan. If I were you I would inquire about their success rate, specialization, treatment plan - custom or standard (like the clinic I go to) etc. Fortunately, my extended health insurance provided by my employer covers acupuncture and has bought me 2 months worth of treatments. But, yes it can be expensive. Just with any doctor, you are paying for their expertise!

I can tell you that most of the info they provide you may not make sense as it is nothing like western medicine. I like the fact that these energy-based therapies ( Reiki, acupuncture etc) treat the root cause.

There is a place downtown that does it.

Thank you RNVB! That is very helpful!! And Jrepp - I scheduled with one in Greenwood Village, which is pretty close to me - they do specialize in infertility - although they are not Medical Doctors - that would be nice! And having insurance cover it would be even nicer!!!

I think it is this place

Integrative Health, Inc.
5191 S. Yosemite, Suite B
Greenwood Village, CO 80111

https://integrativehealthinc-px.rtrk5.com/Services/acupuncture.html#tess

This is who I am seeing - I forget how I found them online, but did some search on fertility and acupuncture and she was the one available Saturdays lol...had to fill out a friggin book for them as far as health history etc!

Hi ladies! Onto cycle 3 of TTC now - Feeling hopeful, yet frustrated, not as easy as before my MC to conceive - and different guy, slightly older - (Great thing of course, ex was a horrible pathological liar) But I was thinking of trying acupuncture next cycle if we don't get a bfp this one - has anyone used this before, and had good results? We can't/shouldn't do a fertility appt with my OB until after 6 cycles of trying, but I want to do everything we can - we are using OPKs and pre-seed - any suggestions?

Would love to hear both positive and negative stories with acupuncture while TTC.

Thank you! :) :hugs:
It's what worked for me.

TTC for 8 months, went for acupuncture in November 2013, first two sessions got my period on a 28 day cycle (was 25), and even the actual period changed, no dark brown blood and no clots - sorry too much information! Even my PMS symptoms went away. Basically there was nothing wrong with me I ovulated etc... But acupuncture balanced my hormones and made it all work better, December I fell pregnant!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->