Acupuncture

Lin2013

Reaction score
Anyone else getting acupuncture want to share tips and stories from getting this done? I have just had my first session this week :)

how did you find it? i was thinking of trying it but wasnt sure......x

I as so scared about having it done. I have read so many stories online saying it will help. I have been ttc for 7 months now so just felt like its good to do something to help. She has also given me herbs to take but im in tww so feel unsure about taking them at the min

Anyone else getting acupuncture want to share tips and stories from getting this done? I have just had my first session this week :)

I've got an initial consultation tonight. Not sure if I'll go through with it yet tbh,

Hello everyone I am trying to conceive as well and thought about acupuncture. How is it when the needles are pushed into your skin? Is the pain bearable? Not to go off topic but has anyone ever heard of the mayan massage? it is a fertility massage that is suppose to help with fertility as well.

I am a HUGE fan of acupuncture!! I have been ttc #2 for 2 years now. My story has been complicated because I'm a cancer survivor. After my cancer my periods had stopped completely. After 2 years of no periods I tried acupuncture. 2 months later my cycles returned!!! In Oct. last year I got pregnant but miscarried. My cycles hadn't returned yet 3 months later. I went back to acupuncture. The next day I had cramps and the next week I had a period! I have been going since then and my cycles are regular and I have ovulated three months in a row, which my doctor said I would never do again. I highly recommend trying acupuncture. I actually find it very relaxing. I always leave in a better mood and feeling very relaxed.

I did book an appointment but cancelled it as i wasnt sure about it all..........i dont want to 1-waste my money on something that doesnt work and 2- pin my hopes on something else that wont work

Goodluck though and its interesting hearing other peoples thoughts x

acupuncture isn't painful at all. The needles are so so thin, like the tip of a hair. It may pinch for a second when the needle first goes in but then you shouldn't feel it at all after that.

I have also heard of mayan massage. My acupuncturist actually showed me how to do it myself at home. I haven't been consistent with it. Basically I think it's supposed to increase blood supply to your abdomen. Fertility yoga poses do the same thing. Hey, I don't think it can hurt and it may help.

Hi ladies:)

Just want to share my experience with acupuncture!

We've been ttc #2 for about 2 years now. I went to an acupuncturist with the hopes of getting pregnant! It is very relaxing and the needles aren't that bad. I only did it for 2 months, but I felt the difference in af, less cramps and it also shortened my cycle by a day or 2.
However, I didn't end up pregnant and when I stopped, my cycle lengthened, from 30 days to 37!

I've read a lot about how it got women pregnant, but it may not work for everyone!

If you really want to put it all out there and know that you've tried everything, then give it a go, but only if you're sure!

Baby dust***

wildchic, I think your experience with acupuncture sounds right on. It certainly can't make you get pregnant but it can regulate your cycle and make a nice fertile uterine environment for an embryo should conception happen. I've also ttc #2 for 2 years now. Baby dust and good luck to you! :dust:

I've got an acupuncture appointment on the 29th, I think I'm ready for it... I just want to give it a go, see if it can do anything to regulate my cycles and make them more a more regular 28 days as opposed to 26, or 31, or 33!

Good to know it doesn't hurt, thank you slg76... don't know why I'm feeling scared of some little needles though, I do have two tattoos! Haha.

if you can get a tattoo then this is going to be nothing!!! Really, the needles are a tiny fraction the size of a needle that would be used to draw blood.

thank u all for the replys, I am terrified of needles, havent had injections or blood taken in about 10 years because of it and I got it done :) felt really relaxed after and that i was doing something good, im back tomorrow for my next treatment and looking forward to it

I started having acupuncture last week to regulate my cycles following my mmc because I was experiencing a lot of mid cycle bleeding and very short lp. I have my second session today!

I enjoyed last week and I'm hoping it will help with regulating my cycle. I know I can get pregnant once my body is ready, I just need my hormones to get back to normal.

Also I would barely describe them as needles, like slg said they are like the tip of a hair and very fine and bendy. I didn't feel them go in other than the odd light scratch. It definitely doesn't hurt at all. I found it relaxing.

Having been through a lot recently I enjoyed even just having that hour out, to focus on me and do something just for me! Also in a ttc world where we are powerless really other than dtd a lot, I feel like I'm doing something positive to help me get pregnant!!

Anyway, ill keep you updated! Good luck ladies!

The consultation I had was superb, he even put one solitary needle in my arm so I could see what it felt like (painless during insertion and removal, ever so mildly achey about 5mins later). The consultation was so comprehensive, I was there for 2 & 1/2 hours! He did say that if I didn't want to go for acupuncture then reflexology works on the same principles but without the needles. I woulda signed up right there but he said he can't work on me (either reflex or acupuncture) till my foot tattoo has healed completely.

Hi ladies Iv been ttc #1 for nine months and have booked an initial acupuncture sescion for Thursday which I'm both scared and excited about. I know that it's not a miracle cure and my cycles are pretty regular anyway but I really need something for stress. Ttc is far far more stressful and all consuming which I never expected or intended it to be! Hoping it will chill me out and help me feel a bit more in control. Would be great to share our experiences!

Don't be scared ladders, honestly there is absolutely no pain or anything to worry about. It is great for general well being and balancing out everything from your hormones to your emotions. I am sure it will help you, it's worth a try!

I had my second session on Saturday. I went in feeling exhausted with the weight of the world on my shoulders and I really did feel better about 20 minutes after I left. My cycle seems much more normal this month. Positive opks today so hopefully going to ovulate tomorrow or Wednesday!! Fingers and toes and acupuncture needles crossed please ladies!!!!! X

great to hear W. I always feel more relaxed and happy after a session.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->