Acupuncture

i have been for 4 acupuncture sessions now, but today i dont know if its just getting down about things but feeling really dishearted, so they just keep telling me im stressed (who isnt when ttc) and that it will take 3 months to get body ready to concieve, and they keep wanting me to come back ever 2-3 days , surely this cant be normal? also when say things thats happening in my cycle at the min they listen but dont want to get into any conversation about it and brush it off :( i thought taking all these herbs and all the acupuncture would have helped my AF come this month but it still hasnt arrived im on CD34

Sorry Hun :hugs: my acupuncturist did say it could take about 3 cycles to start helping and having an effect (I go once a week so roughly 4 times a month for 4 months = 16 times) but can be alot less for some.

However them not wanting to discuss things with you doesn't sound right, I would be happy with that and I personally would look for another acupuncturist. Mine talks, asks questions and listens and discusses how I feel, what I think, what I need constantly.

Good luck x

Thanks mrs w, i dont know if im expecting to much but she asked how i had been since my last session whn i told he she just said oh things need to settle down and even out the things in ur body. She just keeps saying just relax but doesnt tell me anything else about my cycles etc i just thought i would have got more feedback about things from her

hmmm Lin, I say something doesn't sound right. Mostly that she isn't listening to you or answering your questions. I would suggest you look for somebody that you feel is more trustworthy and is listening to you better. Surly the acupuncture can't help you relax if you aren't enjoying it and feeling positive about it.

3 months is a typical amount of time for acupuncture to help conception. This is because it actually takes three months for an egg to mature and be ready for conception. So, anything that is aimed at improving egg quality takes about three months to work. But, to regulate your cycle I would expect to see a difference in a cycle or two.

Every time I go my acupuncturist asks how I'm feeling over all and if anything is new. Then she asks how my cycle is going. She keeps notes to know what cycle day I'm on and how my cycles have been (flow, cramps....). I started going twice a week but only for a week or two. Then it was once a week. Now I only go once or twice a cycle.

thanks all, maybe im expecting to much, im just feeling so down about things, thought acupuncture would make a bit of difference this month but still no proper AF just stange pink when i wipe but nothing else, just thought they would be able to tell me more about my cycles but maybe its to soon

I don't think they will be able to tell you anything about your cycles as they are not really there to tell you what's going on or diagnose anything. I would expect them to ask you in detail about your cycle each time though and to write it all down. Mine asks what cd I am on, how it's going, any bleeding or cramps or symptoms etc.

I'd say give it some more time, it can take a few cycles to regulate things. If you are not confident, ask them specifically what they are doing acupuncture wise to help regulate your cycles and how each treatment is helping.

I know it's hard, trust me, I'm very stressed and upset over ttc at the moment but try to relax. Tonight I'm going to have a bath, a nice face pack and a glass of wine and have a stress free evening. Maybe something like that now and to take your mind off how hard it is. I'm here to talk anytime, I understand :hugs:

thanks all for sharing ur acupuncture stories :) and for all the support over the past few days xx please keep updating on ur acupuncture sessions and i will do the same, we can swap hints and tips that we pick up along the way :) xxx

I just went yesterday. My acupuncturist was pleased with the progress I've been making in that I'm Oing a little later every month and having a regular period. I have read that 3 months seems to be about the time that people really see a difference and start to have good success with acupuncture. Megan totally agreed. Said that sometimes people resound very quickly but three months is a common time to see a change. I'm going into my fourth cycle now so fingers crossed.

I just went yesterday. My acupuncturist was pleased with the progress I've been making in that I'm Oing a little later every month and having a regular period. I have read that 3 months seems to be about the time that people really see a difference and start to have good success with acupuncture. Megan totally agreed. Said that sometimes people resound very quickly but three months is a common time to see a change. I'm going into my fourth cycle now so fingers crossed.

Best of luck :) I have my fingers x'd for you :)

I have my first session tomorrow and I think I'm about 7 DPO - give or take! Of course I took a HPT and, BFN, I didn't really expect much else but remain ever hopeful! Hopefully tomorrow goes well and I have some news to report back about how I found it! x

Had my first session yesterday and found it so so relaxing! Drove home in a really chilled out mood and just in time as got my positive on my opk this morning so let's hope I can stay chilled out and it helps. Next session booked for Tuesday

I had my first session today and loved it, my acupuncturist is such a lovely, informative person and I can't wait to go again next week, have another appt on Saturday x

Glad you enjoyed it too ladders!

Yay! So glad you liked it Tuesday :)

Thanks all, it's nice to have something to look forward to and something to made me relax, never ever anticipated how stressful ttc would be! Im quite a worrying neurotic person so the last nine months have nearly pushed me over the edge lol.
How long has everyone been ttc?

I've been trying since I got married end of November :) not sure I'm always doing stuff right but we're giving it the best shot we can.

I have a beautiful 3 year old (yikes, almost 4 now) and we have been trying for 2 years for #2. It's been a long road but I think we are getting much closer to having a second little bundle.

Let's hope that the acupuncture helps. Glad im not the only one going to such lengths early on in the ttc journey. It's amazing how quickly it becomes stressful and an obsession!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->