Acupuncture

xxxemmaxxx

Reaction score
Has anyone gone down the acupuncture route to help with morning sickness?
After just enduring a 2 day hospital stay because of it I need ideas!

i have not personally used acupuncture as a form of nausea relief
however i am a big advocate of acupuncture as a whole and i suggest you try it
even if it doesnt help much with the morning sickness it is very beneficial to your mind and body as a whole

Did they give you a prescription for anything like Zofran emma? Wouldn't hurt to ask if you've already ended up hospitalized! I alternate that when my nausea and vomiting really spirals out of control, with B6 and doxylamine succinate (active ingredient in Unisom). If you google the combo is very commonly used and very safe. Half tab with 12-25mg of B6 (not to exceed three doses within a day).

Just taking one dose at night with my prenatal and prescription folic acid actually helps me sleep and gets me through the next day. I wouldn't be able to function without it :thumbup:

yeah zofran is great
i always have some of that on hand in general
and i have never had morning sickness before
but gotten the flu and what not of course
it can be grose at first because they are disolveable tablets that you should melt under your tongue and dont taste the best but if you can handle the taste long enough for it dissolve without vomiting then you will start to feel better within 15-30mins tops
but im sure they already gave you some since you were hospitalized but if not ask for a prescription

I do accupuncure for fertility reasons.
He didn't want to do anything for ms early on because of sensetivity, but yesterday he gave it a go.
Usually accupuncture doesn't hurt ( me) I have a high pain tolorence and don't mind the pinches, but OMG that needle hurt last night and it didn't stay in for more than 2 minutes. (Around the wrist area). I didn't let him try the other side.
I do reccomend it though, give it a try. Each person take it and reacts differently, and each accupuncturist is different.
I hope you feel better soon!

I had it with dd and it worked but I was 13 weeks by the time I had it so I don't know if it just went naturally or if it was the acupuncture. It was more or less instant relief though so was probably the acupuncture. If I had it as bad this time as I did with her I wouldn't hesitate to have it much sooner but it hasn't been as bad this time.

No I haven't been given Zofran. Can you buy it in the chemist?
I was given anti sickness tablets and a tablet to help with acid. Plus some folic acid.

It's a shock when your like this and you weren't the first time!

I'm not sure where you're at hun but here you have to get a prescription from your doctor. Easy enough if yours is easy to get in touch with :thumbup:

I'm a huge fan of acupuncture but I haven't used it for morning sickness. I referred a friend of mine to my acupuncturist for morning sickness. She said it really did help but she wasn't wanting to go as often as was recommended for her (I think she asked her to come in 3 times a week)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->