Acupuncture

Angel_blues

Reaction score
I went to my physio therapist who is also my deep tissue acupuncturist (muscle rehab). We got to talking about my losses and she told me there is Chinese acupuncture for loss prevention. Does anyone have experience with this or is it a con for desperate women? Please no one take offence I am just very sceptical...

I didnt have it for loss but I had weekly accupuncture for infertility (was ttc for 2 years) and I am pregnant! I could see a change in my cycles after about three months (had it for 6 months in total) and swear it helped me get pregnant! Always checking that the accupuncturist is qualified in fertility issues xx

Fantastic thank you for your response! If you dont mind, could you elaborate? What types of changes did you notice?

I saw an acupuncturist who specializes in fertility after my loss. I got pregnant again 3 cycles later, but only 2 cycles of really trying. It's not invasive and if it calms your nerves and you feel a little empowered or proactive, why not. I've had it help for pain and anxiety before, so I have some faith in it. But I have no way of measuring what it did fertility-wise.

Some back story: IMS is essentially acupuncture but it's a deep tissue version for muscle rehabilitation. If it wasn't for IMS I wouldn't be walking as comfortably as I do

I basically stopped having periods a year or so ago. After a few months my periods started becoming a few days long and 6 months on I found out I was pregnant! Plus it is hugely relaxing! xx

I am currently seeing a TCM who specializes in fertility - both in pre conception as well as sustaining a pregnancy. I heard her speak mat a function the week I found out about my 4th consecutive loss and she was talking about a number of clients who have had slow or plateauing hcg after one treatment will suddenly start rising normally. My last two losses that's what happened - hcg rose slowly then plateaued and stayed at a really low level for weeks before finally falling, so it really interested me and while I had hoped to see her prior to conceiving again to try to treat any underlying problems and get my health on track it didn't work that way and instead I started seeing her the week I got my bfp.

Obviously not all miscarriages can be prevented by any method, but I do feel that acupuncture can help a significant number of them depending on the cause. For me, though the cause of my losses is unknown as I haven't had enough testing done, a very likely cause is an autoimmune disorder forming tiny clots that could be cutting off blood supply to my uterus and therefore preventing the baby from developing normally. If that's the case, then she can certainly keep my blood flowing smoothly so it doesn't happen, and I'm sure there are other instances that can be helped as well.

So yes its possible. And in the case of dealing with multiple losses I do believe to be especially helpful regardless as she's helping me with my anxieties as well.

I don't know what my hcg is doing this time as I've had enough of blood tests I decided to forgo betas this time. But my hpts progressed gorgeously when they never did with my last two pregnancies, and I haven't had any spotting or anything else which I also had the last two times as an early indication things weren't going well. I also *feel* pregnant in a way I never have previously at this gestation.

Obviously only time will tell if it will work for me, and then of course there's non way to known it wouldn't have been a successful pregnancy without... But for me its absolutely worth it.

I am currently seeing a TCM who specializes in fertility - both in pre conception as well as sustaining a pregnancy. I heard her speak mat a function the week I found out about my 4th consecutive loss and she was talking about a number of clients who have had slow or plateauing hcg after one treatment will suddenly start rising normally. My last two losses that's what happened - hcg rose slowly then plateaued and stayed at a really low level for weeks before finally falling, so it really interested me and while I had hoped to see her prior to conceiving again to try to treat any underlying problems and get my health on track it didn't work that way and instead I started seeing her the week I got my bfp.

Obviously not all miscarriages can be prevented by any method, but I do feel that acupuncture can help a significant number of them depending on the cause. For me, though the cause of my losses is unknown as I haven't had enough testing done, a very likely cause is an autoimmune disorder forming tiny clots that could be cutting off blood supply to my uterus and therefore preventing the baby from developing normally. If that's the case, then she can certainly keep my blood flowing smoothly so it doesn't happen, and I'm sure there are other instances that can be helped as well.

So yes its possible. And in the case of dealing with multiple losses I do believe to be especially helpful regardless as she's helping me with my anxieties as well.

I don't know what my hcg is doing this time as I've had enough of blood tests I decided to forgo betas this time. But my hpts progressed gorgeously when they never did with my last two pregnancies, and I haven't had any spotting or anything else which I also had the last two times as an early indication things weren't going well. I also *feel* pregnant in a way I never have previously at this gestation.

Obviously only time will tell if it will work for me, and then of course there's non way to known it wouldn't have been a successful pregnancy without... But for me its absolutely worth it.

That's amazing to hear thank you. Congratulations!

I've had two losses but the last one had my doctor recommended anti depressants :-S. I really hit an emotional low. Looking forward to getting a consultation.

If nothing else I'm sure it will help your emotional state drastically which will have a big impact.
I'm sorry for your losses and hope this is your rainbow :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"