Adding macca and epo this cycle, any experience with either?

lolasmith

Crossing fingers
Reaction score
I have macca which I sometimes have in smoothies just because it is nutritious. This cycle I am taking it at a daily theraputic dose, and am also adding epo hoping that it will help cm.

I have my fingers crossed that it wont mess my cycles up. I already take a b - complex, vit d, and spirulina.

And advice would be great!

Hey Lola, I don't know about Epo. But I had Macca in my smoothies last cycle and this cycle, and I've noticed a more regular ovulation both cycles. (usually I differ a few days each cycle, but both the past 2 cycles I ovulated around day 14)
So I'm not sure if its the macca root, but It give me energy and I'll keep using it just in case!

Hey Lola its me again lol I have hubby taking macca in pill form because he works all day & that leads to him being too tired & not interested in bding. It gives him energy when he gets home not only to bd but forus to hang out & goof around without him going straight to sleep. Used the tincture form for me last yr after getting off BC(depo) because I was just not at all interested in bding i really didn't notice too much of a difference for me but def for hubby. I'd suggest you both take it & let me know if it helps you

I take 2000mg of maca root in capsule form every day. The first cycle I took it (which was an extremely long cycle) I ovulated for the first time in about five months. I also love the extra energy & it does wonders for my libido!

Took both this month.... given up already around CD 24, given i'm at cd 26/27 and still no ov.CD 28 even.

Oh! I don't know if I should try or not, it doesn't take much to throw my hormones off :/

I normally put a heaping tablespoon of maca through a smoothie every day and share it with my husband. It definitely works on the libido front, still figuring out my hormones though.

Lola I wouldn't worry about it messing up your horomones... just don't use too much of it. I have a teaspoon in a smoothie almost every day...
I think in large amounts it can have other desired effects, like lengthening your lp, but in general its known for regulating your horomones. So anything it does will be more regulating then sparatic. I only started taking it because I couldn't tell when I ovulated some months, and I have horomonal problems like acne breakouts and stuff like that so I thought maybe my horomone's were out of wack.
So far its been helping a lot. But! That being said you shouldn't take anything your not completely comfortable with. :)

Lola I wouldn't worry about it messing up your horomones... just don't use too much of it. I have a teaspoon in a smoothie almost every day...
I think in large amounts it can have other desired effects, like lengthening your lp, but in general its known for regulating your horomones. So anything it does will be more regulating then sparatic. I only started taking it because I couldn't tell when I ovulated some months, and I have horomonal problems like acne breakouts and stuff like that so I thought maybe my horomone's were out of wack.
So far its been helping a lot. But! That being said you shouldn't take anything your not completely comfortable with. :)
I completely agree with this. I started taking it this cycle and I absolutely love it! My hormones have definitely been out of whack and I absolutely think the maca is helping me get back on track. I'd prefer the actual veggie but until I can procure some the capsules are all aces with me :) . My hormones are super sensitive and I started off slowly but progressed to the serving on the bottle fairly quickly. I seriously love this stuff :cloud9: . Here's a page I like on maca. GL with your decision lolasmith!

Took both this month.... given up already around CD 24, given i'm at cd 26/27 and still no ov.CD 28 even.
How long did you take the maca for 291? You should expect to be on it for a minimum of three months for it to really get groovin' with your system (vitex is the same way; even though I know no one asked about that lol, just putting it out there :) ). That being said, not everything works for everyone. I hope you find your magic bullet though! :dust:

I agree... It worked for me right away, but I've read you have to give your hormone's a chance to balance themselves. The fact is that Macca is not a wonder drug that effects them directly... its more of a nutritous food that gives your hormone's everything they've been needing to correct themselves!
Also... if anyone is having problems with hormone's check your sugar intake. Because your insulin is directly related to your bodies hormones if you eat high sugar or high GL items... insulin high's and lows can take a serious toll on your hormone regulation.
Sending your entire cycle off wack!
I have reduced my sugar intake and its helping me a lot also to stay more regulated :)
Just some pointers...
Fingers xx

I agree... It worked for me right away, but I've read you have to give your hormone's a chance to balance themselves. The fact is that Macca is not a wonder drug that effects them directly... its more of a nutritous food that gives your hormone's everything they've been needing to correct themselves!
Also... if anyone is having problems with hormone's check your sugar intake. Because your insulin is directly related to your bodies hormones if you eat high sugar or high GL items... insulin high's and lows can take a serious toll on your hormone regulation.
Sending your entire cycle off wack!
I have reduced my sugar intake and its helping me a lot also to stay more regulated :)
Just some pointers...
Fingers xx
Good advice here. I have been feeling the effects right away too and I absolutely love it. I certainly expected it to take longer and have been pleasantly surprised. In addition, I cut down on my meat consumption (we tend to follow a pretty whole foods/traditional foods type diet with no/low grain consumption as well as very little sugar) since what I believe I have been dealing with is excess estrogen (think I had a few things brew into a perfect storm of hormonal imbalance last year after my m/c). I have kept wild Alaskan salmon in the mix and drink lots and lots of water, plain and with cinnamon and lemon. I've also thrown flax into the mix to help me with my issues. Not sure why I just went off on what I'm doing for hormonal balance this cycle :haha: but there it is anyway in case anyone else finds it useful :) .

Thank you so much ladies!!! Excellent advice!

I have had the macca powder in my cupboard and on the odd time I add it to food- got it from the wholefoods store as a superfood. I have plenty of 'superfoods' like goji, chia, spirulina that I have daily, so I get the feeling I should just be viewing macca as one of these rather than a medicine per se. Dutchiekins great point about the insulin, If I eat things white or refined I will have delayed O, even going raw with limited sugar for a week will make me O if it has been delayed, so I am sure if I keep my diet right i'll see the benefits.

I recently had every test under the sun, and my hormones, thyroid etc where perfect, so I really don't think you need to be diabetic/pre diabetic or insulin resistant to be effected by insulin highs and lows.

I would assume that as a food, the stamina/energy/nutrition aspects of macca will take immediate effect, and perhaps more significant issues take awhile to change?

Yea I would think so... I was a little irregular and macca has kind of bopped me back into a regular cycle... or at least I had thought so (I am on 17 dpo today) But Im crossing my finger's this is my month.
It was more with my ovulation, I had trouble determining when it was... the past two months it was clear as day and I had an increase in cm, and I charted this month which seemed to show nice steady changes in hormones!

Plus I have broken out less since, so i know its doing something good with them. And you deffinatly get a bit of a libido and energy boost. But if your eating lots of healthy goodies I bet you would feel better too!
Good luck with it! It won't hurt, and if you find it isn't doing anything for you after a couple months then just dont bother with it anymore. Oh! Did you know you can give it to your man in a shake too? Its supposed to boost his little swimmers and his libido... so they say.

Excellent, thank you!

he actually wanted me to buy it in the first place, not for ttc, apparently it helps build muscle? I'll get him to start having it again ha.

I did read something about it potentially raising testosterone levels in women- any thoughts on this?

I'm not sure! I've never read that for women, but I do know that Men take macca to boost muscle. I think its an adaptogen, which I believe means that it will help you to absorb all the minerals and enzymes that your body is lacking- making it more balanced. So if your hormones are off balance it helps to correct them by replacing the hormone that is needed to make you balanced. Does that make any sense? That's how I understood it.
In men... if a man is producing less testosterone then I imagine macca will help the man to produce more. But in a woman this usually isn't the case, if anything is a woman is producing too much testosterone... macca should help to rectify that?

Its long been used for infertility, as well a lot of menopausal women use it to treat their symptoms instead of hormone treatment!

Im no expert of course, but from what I have read this is what I understand it to do :) I hope that helps.

That makes a lot of sense. I believe I did read that on a forum, and I know a lot of people would connect the male and female effects and make an assumption. Thanks for validating my thoughts about it, :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->