additional tricks when doing ivf?

glitterqueen

Reaction score
ok so I have been making a list of extra thing to do while having treatment- anyone have anything to add?? or comment if they have tried it

taking extra protein tablets
drinking full fat milk
eating lots of fruit and veg
taking dhea
keeping tummy warm/hot water bottle
accupuncture
drink 3 litres if water a day
taking pregnacare conception, fish oils, royal jelly, 5mg folic acid,( forgot to add that!)

feel free to add I am having my next and final ivf in March so need to throw everything at it!!
thanks xx

great idea glitterqueen, my accupuncturist also said to eat lots of vegetable soup, nuts, seeds & pulses and during 2ww to have drinks at room temperature as much as possible, i also keep seeing online to have pineapple but im sure i also read somewhere to avoid it so im not sure yet on that one x

Start taking pre-natal vitamins now if you haven't already...

I took them the whole 2 years I was trying because my OB said that the folic acid will make the eggs healthier...

other than that I didn't do anything special other than relax a lot and get as much rest as possible.

My accupuncturist ia a big fan of protein during the follicular phase, eggs, milk, fish, meat. Eggs for eggs. I guess my diet will have to be amended when I start again in a week!

My accupuncturist ia a big fan of protein during the follicular phase, eggs, milk, fish, meat. Eggs for eggs. I guess my diet will have to be amended when I start again in a week!

good luck xx keep us posted xxx

Take prenatal vitamins and folic acid religiously before your IVF cycle. Very important to minimise stress levels because high stress levels create a certain hormone Whig doesn't encourage implantation.

Hi

Watch the hot water bottle isn't too hot, you don't want to raise your temp.

I took the Zita West vits, pricey though. I also listened to her mediatation CD - dh thought this was hilarious!! I didn't work after ET, I think a few days rest is a good idea.

Lots of luck
xx

I didn't do much differently, have only been having showers, no baths, no caffeine, except little bit of chocolate. And I rested quite a lot

Good luck I really hope it works for u x

I've read about the pineapple thing too, apparently it releases a hormone that aids implantation. I eat it most days anyway so no change for me!

I'm planning to veg out on the couch & relax, watch dvds & avoid stress for about 10 days after ET.

Trying to eat as healthily as possible too, although I hate full-fat milk, I always drink skimmed! Maybe I should grin & bear full-fat for a week or 2!

Take prenatal vitamins and folic acid religiously before your IVF cycle. Very important to minimise stress levels because high stress levels create a certain hormone Whig doesn't encourage implantation.

I just bought Fertiliaid and have been taking 3 a day until I start Clomid next week. I'm not sure if this is considered a prenatal vitamin. Does anybody know? I guess I'll ask my doctor next week. :shrug:

I gave up coffee a week ago :coffee: and its been a rough week for me, but its so worth it.

ETA: Nevermind! I just found the answer on the company website. Here's the answer if anybody is interested:

Should I take FertilAid if I am using fertility drugs like clomid?
The potent herbal/nutritional components of FertilAid (standardized extracts of vitex/chasteberry, red clover blossom, siberian ginseng, and gingko biloba ) have been carefully selected for their individual roles in promoting reproductive health and supporting hormonal balance. At recommended dosages, no adverse reactions with other food or drugs are known, though there are possible exceptions in the case of fertility drugs like Clomid. Do not take FertilAid if you are using clomid or other fertility drugs.

I've read about the pineapple thing too, apparently it releases a hormone that aids implantation. I eat it most days anyway so no change for me!

I'm planning to veg out on the couch & relax, watch dvds & avoid stress for about 10 days after ET.

Trying to eat as healthily as possible too, although I hate full-fat milk, I always drink skimmed! Maybe I should grin & bear full-fat for a week or 2!

good luck xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->