admitting defeat on clomid

Discussion in 'Long Term Trying To Conceive' started by sparkle83, Aug 27, 2009.

1. sparkle83

sparkle83 XLTTC: 10 yrs & counting!

what point do you let it get to in a clomid cycle before deciding there wont be any ovulation and starting fresh with provera?

2. Mrs R

Mrs R Well-Known Member

Hi sparkle,

This happened to me whilst on clomid. I rang my FS on CD35, as my information leaflet from the hospital advised.

I told them my problem, they took my details and checked with the doctor. The doctor told me to phone back in 10 days if nothing had happened.

So CD45 I phoned and was told to come up the next day for a scan to see what was happening. Turns out I'd just ovulated but they didn't hold out much hope of that being successful because after 6/7 weeks, the womb lining is not at its best any longer for receiving a fertilised egg.

So, to get to the point of my little ramble, leave it a few more days to see if anything happens, and then maybe move onto your Provera.

I've been told clomid isn't classed as being successful unless u ovulate somewhere around CD14, give or take a few days.

If in doubt, ask the doctor x

3. Oneday

Oneday Mum to two boys

Hi Sparkle,
    I know how u feel I am sick of bloody clomid on it last month I went from a 27 day cycle to a 33 day one never got a +ve on an opk and got 3 -ve tests b4 my af came. It's evil stuff I got really bad thrush with it as well. It's getting pushed to the back of the medicine cabinet this month. Don't get me wrong it might be a miracle drug for some but I don't think it's the answer for me x

4. Blue12

Blue12 icsi miracle xo

Hi Sparkle,

I had a friend who has had to use provera for the same reasons. But she always demands a blood pg test before taking the provera just in case. Twice she found out she was pg so she didn't take the provera but sadly shortly after miscarried - but at least she knows the provera didn't cause that.

Best wishes.

5. Diana_

Diana_ TTC on Clomid round 4

My doctor says that if there's no O after 21 days, you can give up. If you're not getting ovulation before then, you should move up in dose or try something else.