admitting defeat on clomid

sparkle83

XLTTC: 10 yrs & counting!
Reaction score
what point do you let it get to in a clomid cycle before deciding there wont be any ovulation and starting fresh with provera?

Hi sparkle,

This happened to me whilst on clomid. I rang my FS on CD35, as my information leaflet from the hospital advised.

I told them my problem, they took my details and checked with the doctor. The doctor told me to phone back in 10 days if nothing had happened.

So CD45 I phoned and was told to come up the next day for a scan to see what was happening. Turns out I'd just ovulated but they didn't hold out much hope of that being successful because after 6/7 weeks, the womb lining is not at its best any longer for receiving a fertilised egg.

So, to get to the point of my little ramble, leave it a few more days to see if anything happens, and then maybe move onto your Provera.

I've been told clomid isn't classed as being successful unless u ovulate somewhere around CD14, give or take a few days.

If in doubt, ask the doctor x

Hi Sparkle,
I know how u feel I am sick of bloody clomid on it last month I went from a 27 day cycle to a 33 day one never got a +ve on an opk and got 3 -ve tests b4 my af came. It's evil stuff I got really bad thrush with it as well. It's getting pushed to the back of the medicine cabinet this month. Don't get me wrong it might be a miracle drug for some but I don't think it's the answer for me x

Hi Sparkle,

I had a friend who has had to use provera for the same reasons. But she always demands a blood pg test before taking the provera just in case. Twice she found out she was pg so she didn't take the provera but sadly shortly after miscarried - but at least she knows the provera didn't cause that.

Best wishes.

My doctor says that if there's no O after 21 days, you can give up. If you're not getting ovulation before then, you should move up in dose or try something else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->