• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

adrenal fatigue?

sophxx

Reaction score
does any one have this or has been diagnosed with this? all my probelms started after a really stress ful time in my life my dad died very suddenly i had a very abusive boyfriend who i thought was going to kill me and it was a awful time. my adrenaline pumps all the time abd i get really bad flushes i constanly feel on edge and it makes my heart beat faster due to the adrenaline (not two fast even with a attack its only at 90) i constanly feel on edge i eat so much but loose weight and im tried which the gp put down to chronic fatigue im always run down to.

i saw my doctor today and he mentioned this and from reaserch it fits me hes stasrted me on a low antidepressent that they use for muscle pain and i have to go back in a month once my pain is under control to see if we can get my adrenaline flushes under control i have over 30 a day.

just wondered if anyone else has this?

Hi Sarah, sorry to hear about the loss of your dad.

Adrenal fatigue is more common than people realise, with different people reacting in different ways.

There are quite a few things you can do from a nutritional perspective.
- avoid stimulants, coffee, tea, SUGAR and alcohol (sorry), this only increase your cortisol (stress hormones) levels further as well as depleting your body of the much needed B Vitamins which are essential for energy production
- keep your blood sugar levels stable, avoid sugars and refined carbohydrates, try to eat some form or protein at every meal
- Eat steadily throughout the day ideally every 2-4 hours, skipping a meal is one of the worst things you can do in this situation especially breakfast. This results in a blood sugar drop which then stimulates the sympathetic nervous system and increases the stress on the adrenals leading to light-headedness, fatigue, cravings, anxiety.

- Exercise to relax not create more stress on the body – vigorous exercise is another leading cause of adrenal exhaustion. Yoga, walking, deep breathing and stretching are all great stress reducers.

- Sleep, sleep, sleep – get at least 8 hours sleep at night, during sleep the adrenal glands are restored and repaired. Lack of sleep leads to further adrenal depletion optimal sleeping pattern is 10:30pm – 6:30am
- Eat protein and fat (not trans fats) at every meal, this helps to stabilise blood sugar levels leading to a stable energy balance.
- Chew meals thoroughly to aid digestion and absorption of key nutrients.
- Add a small amount of sea salt to your meals; some of the symptoms of adrenal fatigue are the result of your body’s need for salt.

Some key nutrients to consider
- All the B Vitamins with add B5, these are responsible for almost every action in the body, notably creating energy. B5 in particular is used a lot in stress related nutritional therapy. Stress unfortunately depletes the body of the B Vitamins
- Magnesium, natures best muscle and nervous system relaxant, best taken at night before bed, (Magnesium Citrate, not Magnesium Oxide).
- Vitamin C, the is to support your immune system during these stressful periods.

All the above are safe with medications, as you are taking a medications you want to stay away from anything herbal - there are a few good ones you can research

Ashwagandha Root: (Withania:) has a history of therapeutic uses including its benefits on the adrenals, promoting health and vigor (also acts as a mild aphrodisiac)

Ashwagandha is an adaptogen (helps the body return to normal) therefore if cortisol is too high this herb lowers it, if too low the adaptogen increases it. Well tolerated without any side effects. Those in advanced stages of adrenal fatigue should watch to see if the herb becomes a stimulatory leading to anxiety.

DHEA: taken with increased levels of cortisol to protect against the overproduction of cortisol and enhance the immune system.

Cordyceps: Chinese mushroom which is used to support the adrenals

L-Theanine: produces a calming effect on the body – found in green tea

Siberian Ginseng: good for both men and women, increase resistance to stress, normalise metabolism. Known to increase energy and stamina, acts as an anti-depressant and can help improving sleep, inducing a feeling of well being and reducing irritability.

Korean Ginseng: not suitable for women, take in small doses and increase

Ginger Root: Another adaptogen for the adrenals, modulating cortisol levels, normalising blood pressure and heart rate, burning fat and increasing metabolic rate. It also increases digestive enzyme secretions. Avoid ginger during pregnancy.

Rhodiola Rosea: decreases the effect of stress and fatigue

Hope that all helps and is not too much info to take away.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"