Advice about milk consumption?

Discussion in 'Weaning & Nutrition' started by Nicola83, Jan 27, 2011.

1. Nicola83

Nicola83 Well-Known Member

Hi

My little girl is now 8.5 months old and is on 3 meals a day, plus the occasional snack. I make my own food for her so I know she's eating healthily, and eating a wide range of foods.

My question is about the amount of milk she takes. I know the guidelines suggest 20oz a day but is this supposed to be solely formula or does it include all other milk products too?

At the moment she only takes 2 x 7oz bottles of formula (1 in the afternoon and 1 before bed). I class the bottles as 7oz because it's 7oz of water plus formula, but once made its more like 8oz so I don't know if I should class as 8oz??. She has a few oz of whole milk with her weetabix in the morning plus has yoghurt most days and milk/dairy in a lot of the food I make her.

Is she getting enough milk or should I start giving her an extra formula feed a day?

Any advice would be appreciated x

2. ellie27

ellie27 Well-Known Member

Sounds like she is at the minimum amount recommended - 18-20oz and that can include any in meals.

She is probably having about 18oz including milk from cereal etc so I think there is no need to offer another feed.

Your bottles are counted as 7oz:flower: