advice about my belly button peircing?

ellie1275

pregnant- 2nd trimester
Reaction score
hi girls,
I have my belly button pierced and it was fine until the day before yesterday when I noticed the skin was sore and it had kind of torn a bit from being stretched
anyway I bought one of those plastic bendy bars for pregnancy and put that in yesterday but unfortunatly I think my body is rejecting it as my belly button has been really itchy and sore ever since!!! I have cleaned it with salt water but it is still really itchy and red all over
I really dont want to take it out as I read a horror story about someone who removed their bar and the two holes closed over trapping a huge infection inside which spread and made her very ill- as I am a pregnant I dont want this to happen to me!!!!!!!
however could the plastic be harming me as it is so itchy!!??? I just dont know what to do- I cant put the metal one back in as it just doesnt fit anymore and it was one of the longer bars to start with???

please help!!!???:wacko:

Hmm im not sure, i dont have my belly button pierced, but if i put anything other than gold or silver in my piercings i have a bit of a reaction, could this be it? Im not really sure what you could do other than keep cleaning it maybe with abit of savalon aswell. Might be a stupid idea but maybe ask your tattooist/piercer person (sorry no idea what their called lol) Sorry couldnt be of more help xxx

Yea I took mine out after an infection, now it is healed and closed I will open it when the baby is born it is just too much too close to baba. I dont want to risk infection, if it is itching rather see if you can prevent infection by taking it out a while and or put it in after birth...

Good luck with yours

sorry to MrsR but ellie do NOT put savlon on your piercing!! are you using seasalt when you use saltwater? because table salt has been chemically treated. and that story about the woman who trapped an infection inside? honestly, statistically you are more likely to get an infection from a paper cut than you are from a piercing. if you take it out permenantly, just keep cleaning it with saltwater (seasalt!) until it closes. if it's itchy with the new bar, it sounds like you are having a reaction to it. why not try putting a bigger bar of the same metal you had in? you can get them in any length you want. but as an experienced piercer and piercee, if you take it out and keep it clean, that would be your best bet by far!

I have mine done and i have for years now .. i havent noticed anything going wrong with mine yet .. but i say yet cause i know you have to be careful with belly piercings im thinking of getting a pregnancy belly bar but i didnt know if they were worth it or not .. im sure you could ask your midwife/doctor what you should do if they dont have any answers and suggest taking it out and you want to keep it in then just ask the place you had it pierced they usually say they will re-pierce it or they will offer you flexy bars but if its soar just keep cleaning it with saltwater should help alot ..
x

oo how come if you dont mind me asking? Ive always been told to clean my piercings with savalon :wacko: does it do damage? x

i took my out honey when i found out as i was expecting- old wives tales telling me it was bad etc. i'd had it pierced for 10 years :(

i might gete it re done after baby bump has gone x

you should never put creams or ointments onto a piercing!

I've had mine pierced for over 10 years and never had a problem with it.To prevent anything going wrong,i've just changed my bar to a medium sized sleeper,seems to be doing the trick and doesn't look or feel like its over stretched !!!!

Hi

I took mine out it had been done for 11 years I think and I keep it clean but not with anything other than soap. I hope my tummy gets flat enough to put it back in again that is my goal.

NuKe I think (correct me if I am wrong mrsR) that it might be the liquid savalon or liquid dettol or TCP type stuff that she was refering too. That is what I used initially but to be honest the best thing I ever used in the initial stages was saline solution for contact lenses :)

hi girls,
I have my belly button pierced and it was fine until the day before yesterday when I noticed the skin was sore and it had kind of torn a bit from being stretched
anyway I bought one of those plastic bendy bars for pregnancy and put that in yesterday but unfortunatly I think my body is rejecting it as my belly button has been really itchy and sore ever since!!! I have cleaned it with salt water but it is still really itchy and red all over
I really dont want to take it out as I read a horror story about someone who removed their bar and the two holes closed over trapping a huge infection inside which spread and made her very ill- as I am a pregnant I dont want this to happen to me!!!!!!!
however could the plastic be harming me as it is so itchy!!??? I just dont know what to do- I cant put the metal one back in as it just doesnt fit anymore and it was one of the longer bars to start with???

If its torn, sore & red sounds like it may be rejecting. This what happened to mine if i had knew i was pg at the time i would have removed it, now i have very big ugly scar because i left it in to long. Skin just got thinner & thinner 1 day just broke.
Id say remove it, very unlikely get an infection as your body just doing right thing notices something isnt right and is repairing itself. Why, plastic bar would make you itch i dont know, never had this problem. I regret not taking my other 1 out in my first pregnancy, it now hangs v low when am not pregnant and looks horrible and its something that will never heal so im stuck with a saggying hole.

Hi

I took mine out it had been done for 11 years I think and I keep it clean but not with anything other than soap. I hope my tummy gets flat enough to put it back in again that is my goal.

NuKe I think (correct me if I am wrong mrsR) that it might be the liquid savalon or liquid dettol or TCP type stuff that she was refering too. That is what I used initially but to be honest the best thing I ever used in the initial stages was saline solution for contact lenses :)

Yeah the spray form x

sorry to MrsR but ellie do NOT put savlon on your piercing!! are you using seasalt when you use saltwater? because table salt has been chemically treated. and that story about the woman who trapped an infection inside? honestly, statistically you are more likely to get an infection from a paper cut than you are from a piercing. if you take it out permenantly, just keep cleaning it with saltwater (seasalt!) until it closes. if it's itchy with the new bar, it sounds like you are having a reaction to it. why not try putting a bigger bar of the same metal you had in? you can get them in any length you want. but as an experienced piercer and piercee, if you take it out and keep it clean, that would be your best bet by far!

where do I get a longer bar from? the tattoo/piercing place near me dont do them!!!!!! I want to get one!!! :wacko:

hi girls,

If its torn, sore & red sounds like it may be rejecting. This what happened to mine if i had knew i was pg at the time i would have removed it, now i have very big ugly scar because i left it in to long. Skin just got thinner & thinner 1 day just broke.
Id say remove it, very unlikely get an infection as your body just doing right thing notices something isnt right and is repairing itself. Why, plastic bar would make you itch i dont know, never had this problem. I regret not taking my other 1 out in my first pregnancy, it now hangs v low when am not pregnant and looks horrible and its something that will never heal so im stuck with a saggying hole.

my god Im scared now!!!! :wacko:

You'll be able to get them online, opt for a titanium one as i think people are less likely to react with that (correct me if im wrong) and their generally a lot cheaper online too. I managed to get a pregnacy one for when i has my ds and i'm using it again this time, so far so good.

I got mine done 9 years ago, And i changed tot he plastic pregnancy bars just in june, and it was OK, not the most comfortable and a bit itchy, it fell out in the shower ( coz the top popped on instead of screwing on ) and i never bothered to put a new one in. Its all tight on the bit of skin, so occasionaly i just use an earing and pop it thru to see if its still open and i just cleanh it with water normally in the shower and it feels so much better to be empty now. The skin was getting tighter and tighter and red so i thinkif i had left it in the skin would of gotten thinner and snapped :/ If it closes it closes, ill just get it re-done IF i get a flat stomach back. If not then oh well. :(

when i got mine done 10 years ago i was told to use savalon. i got the iodine spray one.

i have got a plastic one in now and so far so good, no problems, im hoping it stays that way.

i took mine out before i started showing... i personally thought time to grow up, at one point i was head to toe in piercings and that was the last to be removed (apart from my singled ears!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->