Advice and information greatly received!

LJ88

Reaction score
Firstly I want to say 'Hi!' And introduce myself.
My name is Laura, I am new to the site and though I am not sure posting such personal information in my 1st post is the way forward (lol) I would really appreciate some input (google is dangerous! Lol).

I am 25 years old and have been TTC for around 5 months now. Me and my partner want to keep things private but at the same time I need people to talk to!

Before TTC I was taking the contraceptive pill for around 7 years. I stopped this around 5 months ago and things have been a little irregular.
Before taking my pill I had always been regular (to the day!). However, when I 1st came off my pill I had my withdrawal bleed, then another bleed a week after stopping the last (which I took to be a period?) I then had a strange bleed 2 weeks later (was heavier than spotting but lighter than a period and a dark brown colour and lasted 4 days).
Another 2 weeks later I had another 'proper' bleed. I then had my next bleed only 3 weeks later. My next cycle lasted 42 days. This cycle started just over 2 weeks ago and I am now spotting again.

I know that things can take a while to settle down after stopping birth control pill but am slightly concerned by the spotting between cycles. I have read that it may be due to reduced progesterone mid cycle? If this is the case does it mean that I am unable to conceive/hold a baby? Will they pick up again eventually?

Any advise would be greatly received (and reassurance would be great lol)

Laura x x

i used to get that after i stopped bcp too, i wouldnt worry about it too much. you could always confirm with your doctors if youre really uneasy about it & see from there, see if you can get your hormone levels checked out, but i am pretty sure it wouldnt stop you from conceiving completely it may make it more difficult but unless theres other problems i think you will be fineee :) but you may want to ask doctors about ttc'ing atm as well since things are a bit haywire? itll be okay breatheeee lol. Hopefully some ladies who have experienced ttc'ing after bcp can give you more info xx

For the spotting i would recommend you to get your progesterone tested at 7dpo. As for long cycles i have heard it takes around 6-7 months to get normal cycles back. GL dear x

Thank you both for your reply.

Feeling a bit down about it after browsing the net... Sometimes a thing as too much information I think! :(

Will give it a couple of months and then try doctors... Was thinking of trying the progesterone cream to see if that helps?

X

i think it'd probably sort itself out. i had no periods after coming off the implant and 3 weeks after i atarted taking agnus castus and 4 days after i started taking dong quai, my period returned. 6 months after having the implant removed.
you could always look into herbal remedies :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->