Advice desperately needed. :(

Tashaa Jayde

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,
I'm 22yrs old and I have a lg that is about to turn one next month.
When she was 3 months old I was diagnosed with PND. I was given anti depressants and sleeping pills to help (in which it did)
Anyway I took myself off the anti depressants in March as I felt I didn't need them, but recently I've been feeling like I did before. I keep getting so frustrated and worked up over little things and I ignore my lg because I just don't have the desire to want to play with her. I always make sure she's clean, fed, and happy but I just don't really play with her. I feel like I don't know how.
I don't know if this has anything with the fact I'm worried sick because my husband is serving in Afghanistan at the moment (I haven't seen him for 14weeks) or if it's anything else.
I don't want to tell anyone because I don't want people to think I'm not coping and I can't tell my husband so that's why I'm here.
Has anyone else had this and does anyone think that I still have PND?
I want to go to the doctor but I don't want to be a time waster.
Any answers appreciated. Tia. :)

Sorry you're feeling this way hun x

I would say it does sound like you may have a bit of depression, just from the way you say you're starting to feel the same as before, not wanting to play with your LG etc. I would go back to the doctor and have a chat with them about how you're feeling. You shouldn't feel that you're wasting anyone's time, it's better to go and talk to someone when things might actualy be ok rather than leave them to get worse.

I've had depression before and got PND after my son was born, i didn't start to properly bond with him until he was about 1, i still feel guilty about it now! Things have definitely got easier as he's got older, i feel able to play and do things with him much easier now. I think once you've had depression you never get fully back to your "normal" self, i think you become more prone to being affected by stress etc and go through periods where you feel terrible. I know i do!

Is there anyone you can talk to that could possibly help out a bit, even if it was to have your LO for an hour so you can have a quiet bath or something :) I find it really helps me to let someone help once in a while so i can do something that makes me feel a bit more human. I can't imagine how stressful it must be for you to have a husband in afghanistan :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->